Kraftwerk to release "3D album" in surround sound

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So..... I'm interested in hearing this but the $100+ price tag is too rich for my blood. I see that there's a 2 disc blu-ray version with an abbreviated track listing that's much more affordable. Are these the same mixes that are on the big box?

I just had to buy this and I spent a pretty penny. I am looking very forward to a good watch and listen, loved reading all of this thread with your positive experiences. My story is I bought two. The first, I bought 6 weeks ago from some cat in Germany, but not sure if it got lost, him and I are talking so I don't feel ripped off and DHL from Germany is in major delay, I'll just leave it at that.
The second I ordered two weeks ago and it arrived today, I opened it and I am going to keep it.
I now have two choices keep them both, they are unopened box sets. Or what I am inclined to do is when the One from Germany arrives, sell that. I will likely sell at a loss, and sell for cheaper than anyone on the internet. My screw up will be someone's gain. BTW, it is a beautiful box set and #1 in Atmos, I can't wait to dive into it. These three pictures are exactly what I have.
61IX4puB9cL._SX522_.jpg
91GpodbNMoL._SX522_.jpg
81Sy+gACitL._SX522_.jpg

Marpow, yes it is a wonderful surround project. I could personally have done without the big book as it was just pictures and added alot to the cost of shipping etc as I would have loved to have some write ups on the band and information on this live project to learn more about the band. It is very well done musical project for sure though. Enjoy, :)

Marpow, yes it is a wonderful surround project. I could personally have done without the big book as it was just pictures and added alot to the cost of shipping etc as I would have loved to have some write ups on the band and information on this live project to learn more about the band. It is very well done musical project for sure though. Enjoy, :)
Agreed, the books weight, really destroys the shipping costs, that's what I found out in both of my orders.

Sounds good though I haven’t been keeping up with the band the last 10 years or so. I can still remember how great that ‘recent’ Iive album they did sounded. It was called “Mininum Maximum”. Even after being taped the fidelity was so good it sounded like you were there in the hall. Anyone else have the same reaction? What turned me off about them is that they appear to only use laptop computers as “instruments” now on tour. What a boring concert that must be.

What turned me off about them is that they appear to only use laptop computers as “instruments” now on tour. What a boring concert that must be.

I saw them the last time they played in Belfast. "Boring" wasn't what I experienced. It was complete, fecking sensory overload, the music, the sound, the visuals. If you ever get the chance to see them live, just go. The discs they've released, great as they are, simply don't capture the experience.

I am just finishing Disc 1, I will wrap it all up on The Poll when I am done with all four.
I was clueless to this release with what it really is.
1. It is a live concert, really?, is the music actually live because it does not sound even remotely live, it sounds fantastic, like a 10+ for sure.
2. Starting with Disk 1 the visuals are computer graphics and it's like so/so, and you see the 4 entertainers standing at there 4 instruments, and they look fake, but as the disc wears on the figures start getting closer and closer and I realized they are live figures and by the time disc 1 ends you can really see there faces well.
2. The Menu track list has Disk 1, of course, but also shows what's to come on Disk 2, need to explore that, really fun and entertaining so far, the Atmos sound track is well as everybody say's a super big hit.
3. Popped in Disk 2 and same menu as Disk 1, but just reverse, plays Disk 2 and shows Disk 1.
Have not looked at Disk 3 or 4.
Of course I already broke two of the 4 plastic tabs while getting the two discs out, oh well, learning curve.

I must be missing something?
Finished Disk 2, loved Tour De France with the old racing videos.
Weird Blu Ray functions, you can pause and skip, but you cannot stop, don't know why?
Now I put in Disk 3 Titled Film, thinking it was something different, same?
Now I put in Disk 4 Titled Film, same.
What am I missing?
Two Discs 1&2, labeled Concert and two Discs 3&4 labeled Film. Both in Atmos.
I think 1&2 have the 4 man group showing and 3&4 do not have the group showing?
Is the music the same?
I need a expert in telling me the differences.
The 3&4 music with grahics only seems a little stronger?
I am just not familiar enough.
OK, picked this up from Discogs:
- a 4 Blu-Ray boxset sung in German with 2 Blu-Rays of actual live footage and 2 Blu-Rays of background projection footage as well as a 228 page book.
- a 4 Blu-Ray boxset sung in English with 2 Blu-Rays of actual live footage and 2 Blu-Rays of background projection footage as well as a 228 page book.

I think I have the English singing version but I don't know.

They are both the same really. The only difference is 1-2 are the concert footage with screen footage. 3-4 are the same concert with just what they played on the screen. It's duplication that's probably not needed. I always go for 3-4, just as it gives more of a cinematic experience. Although I've actually split them into original album sequence MKVs and watch them that way... :cool:

They are both the same really. The only difference is 1-2 are the concert footage with screen footage. 3-4 are the same concert with just what they played on the screen. It's duplication that's probably not needed. I always go for 3-4, just as it gives more a cinematic experience. Although I've actually split them into original album sequence MKVs and watch them that way... :cool:
OK, understood. I was thinking that is correct, and I also was going to rip 3&4 only, thanks for confirming.

I don't know why I passed on this back in the day. It wasn't that much $. I wonder if I was mistakenly tuned out thinking that it was just like any other "live" release with just reverb and crowd noise in the surrounds. Now I am sad because the Apple stream of it is wonderful. Wish they would repress.

Back