• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

What's for SALE

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you use Deep Discount HATTER discount code and you don't already own this.....it's a good deal, and it's a great title.

View attachment 64122
I bought this last week from popmarket via Discogs, after getting an alert that they were selling it new for $36.35, which came out to under $42 including shipping & tax. I see they've now jacked the price up to $62.61 on Discogs, so perhaps I was able to take advantage of an error on their part (it's currently $48.79 on their website).

But what prompted me to post here is that half the discs seem to have issues, right out of the gate (this was a new, shrink-wrapped package). There are visual flaws on some of them, like scuffs except seemingly under the surface, and although they seem to play okay on my Oppo, I've had trouble ripping them. I suspect it may be the packaging at fault, since the discs are housed in cardboard slots at the back of a hardbound book, so they are pressed up against each other when the book is closed, and might get scuffed during removal from the stiff cardboard housing. Wondering if anyone else has had similar issues with this set?

By the way, I've long been a big fan of this album, and I really enjoy the discrete surround mix, which may not be the most sophisticated (quad-like in its placement of instruments in a single corner), but hey, it fits the band, who were kind of primitives after all... genius primitives, that is.

I bought this last week from popmarket via Discogs, after getting an alert that they were selling it new for $36.35, which came out to under $42 including shipping & tax. I see they've now jacked the price up to $62.61 on Discogs, so perhaps I was able to take advantage of an error on their part (it's currently $48.79 on their website).

But what prompted me to post here is that half the discs seem to have issues, right out of the gate (this was a new, shrink-wrapped package). There are visual flaws on some of them, like scuffs except seemingly under the surface, and although they seem to play okay on my Oppo, I've had trouble ripping them. I suspect it may be the packaging at fault, since the discs are housed in cardboard slots at the back of a hardbound book, so they are pressed up against each other when the book is closed, and might get scuffed during removal from the stiff cardboard housing. Wondering if anyone else has had similar issues with this set?

By the way, I've long been a big fan of this album, and I really enjoy the discrete surround mix, which may not be the most sophisticated (quad-like in its placement of instruments in a single corner), but hey, it fits the band, who were kind of primitives after all... genius primitives, that is.

It's been awhile since I bought that set but the packaging is a common problem with these sets...why they can't do a better job of having sleeves that aren't so tight is a mystery to me...

If anybody is looking for an Oppo 105....there is an excellent opportunity to get one below the current market value...here is the situation...right now there are only 3 105's on Ebay(that I saw right now)...one for $1350...one for $1692...and the one I'm going to mention....it's on an auction with a starting bid of $800...but there are NO bids yet and time is running out(auction ends today at 8:50PM(eastern standard time)...of course there are 44 people watching this auction..so there is plenty of interest...BUT...there is an opening to go in an snatch this baby right under their nose....there is a "make an offer"bid still available as no one has bid on this yet!....IMO if you offered a $1,000...this seller might take it...I say that because reviewing his past sales...he has never sold anything this expensive before and he might just accept as time is running out...

Check this out

If anybody is looking for an Oppo 105....there is an excellent opportunity to get one below the current market value...here is the situation...right now there are only 3 105's on Ebay(that I saw right now)...one for $1350...one for $1692...and the one I'm going to mention....it's on an auction with a starting bid of $800...but there are NO bids yet and time is running out(auction ends today at 8:50PM(eastern standard time)...of course there are 44 people watching this auction..so there is plenty of interest...BUT...there is an opening to go in an snatch this baby right under their nose....there is a "make an offer"bid still available as no one has bid on this yet!....IMO if you offered a $1,000...this seller might take it...I say that because reviewing his past sales...he has never sold anything this expensive before and he might just accept as time is running out...

Check this out

The window for grabbing this 105 on a best offer is now over...now it's 45 people trying to buy it...

• Haha
Reactions: GOS
I didn't want to put out that kind of money, so I settled on a BDP-95. Now I kind of think that another 103 would of been a better choice as the 95 won't accept my large hard drives, won't play .dsf files and the "experimental networking" is not as good as with the 103. But still if you simply want to play discs the 95 is a great alternative to the 105 and is much more affordable!

Mike, I think I paid $106 delivered from UDiscover music. I see the £ is trending UPWARD compared to the US dollar. And we keep spending not billions....but Trillions for covid bailouts and now an infrastructure plan which some say should be more like $10 Trillion not $2T!!!!!!!!

Back