• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

The Official QQ Sales, Vouchers, Coupons and Discount Codes Megathread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Excellent price, Marplot. Do you own this set and can you comment on it? One of my fave Lou Reed albums!

A1pW7QawsQL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Excellent price, Marplot. Do you own this set and can you comment on it? One of my fave Lou Reed albums!
I have it. If you're a Lou fan (I'm a diehard), you'll love the set. The outtakes are interesting and the concert DVD, although only stereo, is is wonderful.

I have it also and can recommend it as well. Tough to pick a best Lou album, but this one is up there. I enjoyed the live CD and it was nice to finally have the old VHS concert on DVD. I actually finally played the vinyl this week and it sounds nice as well.

Frank Zappa comes to HiRes at HDTracks.
Frank Zappa 24bit
Thanks for the heads up. I wonder how these were mastered, it’s a shame HDtracks don’t mention the origin. Can only imagine what Steven Wilson could do with Zappa in surround! 😎

Btw, here again is the code that @marpow listed last week for HDtracks: HDAPO20

I purchased the Zappas and a few others. Joes Garage Acts I II III at 24/192 has an average DR of 12, with tracks ranging from 11's, 12's, 13's, 14's, 15 &17, that is pretty dang good. Have not listened to yet.
I’ll have to get some of these and check them out Mark. I have several versions of JG, including the original LPs, and this early Rykodisc CD is pretty nice
http://dr.loudness-war.info/album/view/126499

I’ll have to get some of these and check them out Mark. I have several versions of JG, including the original LPs, and this early Rykodisc CD is pretty nice
http://dr.loudness-war.info/album/view/126499
Yeah, that is a pretty good fact that the earliest CD's can be the best of all versions. I am listening to Joes Garage now, great depth and wide soundsatge, let us know what you think compared to what you have. I am happy with this 24bit version.

ImportCDs is having one of their RARE 10% off sales but ONLY ON IN STOCK ITEMS [NO Pre~Orders.....bummer]:

Thanks for the heads up on this! I've ordered the Japan SACD quad mix of Jeff Beck's Rough and Ready, Rick Wakeman's The Red Planet DVD upmix, a Frank Zappa live in '81 DVD and two Zappa CDs, Little Dots and a Norwegian Wind Ensemble playing Zappa compositions, Brass From Utopia. Good prices. :)

Thanks for the heads up on this! I've ordered the Japan SACD quad mix of Jeff Beck's Rough and Ready, Rick Wakeman's The Red Planet DVD upmix, a Frank Zappa live in '81 DVD and two Zappa CDs, Little Dots and a Norwegian Wind Ensemble playing Zappa compositions, Brass From Utopia. Good prices. :)
Almost-snap: I used this opportunity to order the Japan SACD of Beck/Bogert/Appice. :cool: Also the BD-As of Fish Out Of Water & The Future Bites, the DVDs of Magenta's Master Of Illusion & Alan Parsons' The Secret, and a handful of stereo SACDs. Quite a happy little haul.

Back