Lynyrd Skynyrd: Live At Knebworth 1976

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DuncanS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
1618064545451.png

In 1976 I saw them at Knebworth (spent 2 nights sleeping in a plastic bin bag under the eaves of some friends tent!!), brilliant gig, they made the Rolling Stones look tame, so I had to get it - not sure what the picture quality will be like or the surround mix for that matter.
Anyway it arrived this morning Lynyrd Skynyrd: Live at Knebworth '76 | DVD | Free shipping over £20 | HMV Store
turns out there is also a Blu-Ray version for a £1 more which I didn't spot! Lynyrd Skynyrd: Live at Knebworth '76 | Blu-ray | Free shipping over £20 | HMV Store

Thanks for the heads up.Found the BD/CD it stock on the net locally.The documentary is included too.This is my favorite lineup,tragically it did'nt last for long.I had the Street Survivor LP with original cover with the band in flames.😔

Thanks for the heads up.Found the BD/CD it stock on the net locally.The documentary is included too.This is my favorite lineup,tragically it did'nt last for long.I had the Street Survivor LP with original cover with the band in flames.😔

Yeah, I have the LP with the original cover too. I gave most of my vinyl away when I started replacing them with cds in the early 90s but I kept this one and the original Stones "Some Girls" cover with all the original faces (before they were forced to remove some of them).

View attachment 65761
In 1976 I saw them at Knebworth (spent 2 nights sleeping in a plastic bin bag under the eaves of some friends tent!!), brilliant gig, they made the Rolling Stones look tame, so I had to get it - not sure what the picture quality will be like or the surround mix for that matter.
Anyway it arrived this morning Lynyrd Skynyrd: Live at Knebworth '76 | DVD | Free shipping over £20 | HMV Store
turns out there is also a Blu-Ray version for a £1 more which I didn't spot! Lynyrd Skynyrd: Live at Knebworth '76 | Blu-ray | Free shipping over £20 | HMV Store
Fantastic find Duncan.....and the Blu Ray version ordered, ta. (y)

Tell us what you think, Dunc. I see Amazon US only has the CD/DVD, no Blu Ray.
Its brilliant, an amazing performance, the video isn't great (it was recorded on video) but the DTS audio quality on the DVD is excellent (I wish I'd got the BD now for the PCM stereo!), but don't expect any excitement in the rear channels, its front centric with 'wide-ish' stereo and a bit of reverb in the rears. Get it for the concert performance, you won't be disappointed.

On 21st August it'll be 45 years since I was there at a very hot festival, a long haired 18 year old about to go off to University a few weeks later. The song I remember as being the best was Free Bird, but watching this its actually not as good as the rest, dramatic, powerful, yes, but others were better. I also remember that they were told not to use the Rolling Stones 'tongue' at the front of the stage, which they did for Free Bird. Blimey, got emotional watching it, probably remembering my hair!

Edit: I think I might get the BD and give the DVD to one of my younger brothers.

Its brilliant, an amazing performance, the video isn't great (it was recorded on video) but the DTS audio quality on the DVD is excellent (I wish I'd got the BD now for the PCM stereo!), but don't expect any excitement in the rear channels, its front centric with 'wide-ish' stereo and a bit of reverb in the rears. Get it for the concert performance, you won't be disappointed.

On 21st August it'll be 45 years since I was there at a very hot festival, a long haired 18 year old about to go off to University a few weeks later. The song I remember as being the best was Free Bird, but watching this its actually not as good as the rest, dramatic, powerful, yes, but others were better. I also remember that they were told not to use the Rolling Stones 'tongue' at the front of the stage, which they did for Free Bird. Blimey, got emotional watching it, probably remembering my hair!

Edit: I think I might get the BD and give the DVD to one of my younger brothers.

Awesome. Now I am really looking forward to it. I didn't expect the video to look that great but I am glad to hear the audio isn't subpar.

Blimey, got emotional watching it, probably remembering my hair!
I was 21 !! working at the Ordnance Survey in Southampton, trying to make maps....
Spent many a hot, sunny day down on Bournemouth Beach in the summer of '76.
Letting the wind rustle through my locks....
Ah, them were the days...
Now the wind just whistles right over me bonce....:rolleyes:

Oh yeah just remembered, we had an under 25 club in the grounds of where we worked and every Thursday evening would be rock night, where we would take it in turns to DJ the latest rock hits.
Skynyrd were always a favourite.

Last edited:
Man, this is the boys at their very best.

First question...What's the surround like?

Answer: Considering this is nearly 45 years ago and its live....not bad at all. Don't expect anything too much going on them rears but its no dud.

Second Question: Is it worth getting?....You damn right it is!! (y)

All other questions, see above. :D:cool:

Back