Jean-Michel-Jarre Amazonia with 5.1 Download 04/09/21

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made a DVDAUDIO disc of it in MLP losless soundformat using the following programs:
Channel split 24/44 by Dbpoweramp/making a MLP lossless file with Minnetonka/using Diswelder Chrome creating and burning a dvdaudio disc.
In Dicwelder chrome manual add of the 9 tracks duration.
Sounds very very good.....
Welcome to the QQ @RvdW - LOL
Looks like you know your way around the software!

If you need a hand I can convert it to DD/DTS or DTS-HDMA for you.
Doesn't work neither with my old Yamaha. Need to be DTS or AC3.

How do you convert wav to ac3 without losing any bit ? And if you already did it, can you send me your ac3 file ? I'm not hacking, I properly bought JMJ's CD to download the binaural and 5.1 mixes.... But it doesn't work with my old stuff !!
And do you think I can burn it on a DVD (a classic one) or make a DVD Audio ? (I read RvdW's post but it seems a little tricky for me !!).

Thank you Plan9 (merci, en bon français, je sais pas si j'ai le droit ici !)

Doesn't work neither with my old Yamaha. Need to be DTS or AC3.

How do you convert wav to ac3 without losing any bit ? And if you already did it, can you send me your ac3 file ? I'm not hacking, I properly bought JMJ's CD to download the binaural and 5.1 mixes.... But it doesn't work with my old stuff !!
And do you think I can burn it on a DVD (a classic one) or make a DVD Audio ? (I read RvdW's post but it seems a little tricky for me !!).

Thank you Plan9 (merci, en bon français, je sais pas si j'ai le droit ici !)

That's what I meant by "DD/DTS" : Dolby Digital (AC3) and DTS.
These are lossy codecs so you are "losing bits" when transcoding from WAV.
The easiest way would be to make a normal DVD-Video, or even just a DVD-R or a USB drive with AC3 files on it, I guess.

Je t'envoie un message privé pour la suite.

Got this for Xmas so have just downloaded the file. It wouldn't play in my music player software (MediaMonkey). I knew that Audacity would fix it, but out of interest I tried opening it in MMH to see if I could re-save it after resampling to same bit depth/ rate, in order to simply rewrite it 'correctly'. It wouldn't open in MMH, but at least MMH told me why: '"File does not begin with RIFF identifier". So the file does seem to be non-standard, but some players manage to ignore that. (And yes, once I converted to FLAC from Audacity it worked fine.)

Last edited:
Humm...not seeing a 5.1 version anywhere.
Yeah, that's why I'm still cautious to confirm this one for the release list - I gather that there should be some sort of a download code coming with standard releases, but the term '"binaural" sounds a bit wonky to me...

Yeah, that's why I'm still cautious to confirm this one for the release list - I gather that there should be some sort of a download code coming with standard releases, but the term '"binaural" sounds a bit wonky to me...
The binaural thing is Jarre's attempt to give the listener surround sound with stereo headphones.
I think Kraftwerk did the same on the 3D-release.
Personally I would prefer a bluray, but haven't seen any indication on that being in the plans for this release by Jarre.
I'm a big fan of his work, but I don't think he has taken proper advantage of the surround format yet, with exception of the Live In Notre Dame.

Brutalism from Oxymore is already available in Atmos on Apple Music (nice mix, but I don't like the song...).
BTW, I don't think we can say Jarre is not supporting surround, so far we've got Oxygene, Teo&Tea, Aero, Planet Jarre, Amazonia, Live in Notre Dame and now Oxymore. I wish all his classic records were remixed, but so far is not that bad, isn't it?

Brutalism from Oxymore is already available in Atmos on Apple Music (nice mix, but I don't like the song...).
BTW, I don't think we can say Jarre is not supporting surround, so far we've got Oxygene, Teo&Tea, Aero, Planet Jarre, Amazonia, Live in Notre Dame and now Oxymore. I wish all his classic records were remixed, but so far is not that bad, isn't it?
I stand corrected!
I just get the feeling that this binaural version is his new way of approaching surround.
The problem with his releases is that the surround-options hasn't always been that visible or promoted, Oxygene was the re-recording, but as a concert, Planet Jarre...was that a download one?
That passed me...
Teo & Tea went under the radar for many when it comes to surround, me included.
But Notredam and Amazonia are great, although my Amazonia download gave me a damaged file for some reason.
The best though, that I still love, and think is fantastic, is the Jarre in China with THX mastered surround, but unfortunately a one-off.
Personally I think the Equinoxe Infinity would be fantastic in surround.
I'm rooting for more audio-surround releases, that's my new love.

Back