Future Dutton Vocalion & Dutton Epoch SACD Release Schedule

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Things at Dutton are moving forward, just slower due to COVID. I was told they are on schedule to release more titles. No timeline provided though. 👍

Really, we've been getting two major releases: once in the summer and one around Christmas. We're a little overdue for the summer one. I hope it's a good'n. Will kind of help to perk up the spirits.

Michael how about a teaser? Just post a picture of an upcoming release or write an anagram here.

See the source image

Just for fun I have been going back and looking at past DV release schedules trying to guess WHEN the next releases would be..
There WAS (sort) of a pattern for years 2018 and 2019, then of course COVID came along and screwed everything up.
For 2018 release dates were Jan 4 and April 26
For 2019 release dates were Jan 4 , April 26 , June 28 and September 21(a busy year!)
Now what SEEMS to be a pattern is DV tends to release their new batch usually towards the end of the month, usually on a Thursday or Friday.
I'm going to GUESS (and hope) their next batch would come on Friday April 30th...Fingers are crossed(tight)..
Would anyone else want to guess??

Just for fun I have been going back and looking at past DV release schedules trying to guess WHEN the next releases would be..
There WAS (sort) of a pattern for years 2018 and 2019, then of course COVID came along and screwed everything up.
For 2018 release dates were Jan 4 and April 26
For 2019 release dates were Jan 4 , April 26 , June 28 and September 21(a busy year!)
Now what SEEMS to be a pattern is DV tends to release their new batch usually towards the end of the month, usually on a Thursday or Friday.
I'm going to GUESS (and hope) their next batch would come on Friday April 30th...Fingers are crossed(tight)..
Would anyone else want to guess??
I think Covid is really slowing them down? But yeah, an April batch would be most welcome.

My 1st 2 D-V MCH-SACDs are made from (RCA) single (CD-4) inventory Quad masters, as such, the CD layer is a downmix of the Quad since there is no separate Stereo mix.

At first, I assumed that all of the D-V CD layers were (CD-4 type) downmixes of the Quad, but they're the Stereo mixes.

I think it'd be a sales benefit to offer the Quad downmixed to Stereo for the CD layer, since the Stereo mix has typically been available for decades (in various formats).

Kirk Bayne

My 1st 2 D-V MCH-SACDs are made from (RCA) single (CD-4) inventory Quad masters, as such, the CD layer is a downmix of the Quad since there is no separate Stereo mix.

At first, I assumed that all of the D-V CD layers were (CD-4 type) downmixes of the Quad, but they're the Stereo mixes.

I think it'd be a sales benefit to offer the Quad downmixed to Stereo for the CD layer, since the Stereo mix has typically been available for decades (in various formats).

Kirk Bayne
The market for DV reissued catalog is not 100% surround material.

I am not aware that RCA’s quad releases on LP, 8-Track, or reel tapes were ever single inventory items, but were generally available in stereo released products as well. I can think of only one RCA title available as a single inventory quad release.

In your second paragraph you state that these DV reissues contain the “stereo” mixes. So you are aware that there were stereo released product along with quad of the same titles?

Back