John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band Super Deluxe Edition (New 5.1 & Dolby Atmos mixes!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will admit, I was initially punched in the gut when I read the additional outakes, etc., were not going to be in surround. But, after taking a few breaths........I'm still on board with this purchase. I read in another blog (can't remember where) where someone in the know said the hi resolution content with the alternate takes, etc., were simply amazing.

So.......bring it on. I can't wait!!!
I went through the same thing this weekend when reading a review where the omission seemed to telegraph that unfortunate news.

Not to complicate things, but I was just on the official site where it says the stereo is all 24/192... but the hype sticker says 24/96. While it won't matter to my ears, that and the Dolby Digital headings have me perplexed.

I went through the same thing this weekend when reading a review where the omission seemed to telegraph that unfortunate news.

Not to complicate things, but I was just on the official site where it says the stereo is all 24/192... but the hype sticker says 24/96. While it won't matter to my ears, that and the Dolby Digital headings have me perplexed.

Regarding the dolby digital dilemma.... I really think they meant to say DOLBY TRUE HD .... at least that makes MORE SENSE!

Regarding the dolby digital dilemma.... I really think they meant to say DOLBY TRUE HD .... at least that makes MORE SENSE!
Either way its all gonna be stereo except for the album proper and the attached singles. Dolby digital is the lower resolution stereo version on this album.

Truly sad there are no MCH raw mixes or elements mixes like the Imagine set had.

Either way its all gonna be stereo except for the album proper and the attached singles. Dolby digital is the lower resolution stereo version on this album.

Truly sad there are no MCH raw mixes or elements mixes like the Imagine set had.
Yeah, they had a good thing going there; maybe just the cost factor that would be needed to add the MCH raw mixes and the overall sparsity of the music?
I need Walls and Bridges- no sparsity there!

Hopefully the Lennon/Ono camp is taking note for the future releases. I mean I don’t think it was a month and studio time issue. there isn’t much mixing to do.

I received a shipping notice from ImportCDs, but only the label has been created at this point. Next week reception for me.
Same. Been awhile since I ordered from them or their sister company, DD, but my memory is that I’d receive the item with 3-4 days. I hope it’s the same this time.

I usually get excited for my rare pre-orders but only a few like this one have me more deeply eager. Setting aside the surround aspect, like Blood on the Tracks’ deluxe set (even without surround) or Automatic for the People’s, this album has a particularly hold on me where it would be hard for the set to disappoint me.

One of my favorite parts of my academic life was combing through poets’ notebooks of drafts and their marginalia. I’d never have thought I’d get the chance to do that with the music and words that led my interest on this path.

/pretentiousness

Back