Coldplay - Everyday Life - Dolby Atmos

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

betoquiroga

Hi guys,

I just read that Coldplay is having a free listening event of their latest album "in full Dolby Atmos", in London today and tomorrow between 12:00 and 8:00PM.

Please see their Tweeter and Facebook pages for details.

Hopefully we will see a Blu-ray release :)

Hi guys,

I just read that Coldplay is having a free listening event of their latest album "in full Dolby Atmos", in London today and tomorrow between 12:00 and 8:00PM.

Please see their Tweeter and Facebook pages for details.

Hopefully we will see a Blu-ray release :)
Anyone on that side of the pond catch the event?

So it says you can listen with Amazon Music which I have on my Fire Stick, searched for Atmos and selected the “Best of Atmos” - no Coldplay but none of the 19 or so songs come in anything other than 2.0 and it’s not a set up issue as I can watch Jack Ryan on Prime Video also on the stick and it has Atmos no problem.

would be great if they’d tell us more about how the f’n f to listen to it!!!!

Yeah following that link leads only to complete nonsense.

Currently the only way to play it is with an Amazon 'Echo' device which is some sort of dinky little enclosure with a number of small speakers that therefore can only fake Atmos playback.

It's really disappointing and a stupid move on Dolby's part who should be targeting the enthusiasts who actually care about this stuff rather than the average consumer who will only shrug their shoulders at this and declare it a gimmick. Which is exactly what this current marketing ploy is.

I'm guessing this will never be a physical release, but rather by Amazon streaming via the Echo. Of course, that's really not ATMOS and barely passes as any sort of proper listening experience.

I was watching a college football game over New Years. Dolby had an advertisement for ATMOS promoting a new album mixed in that format. Not that I cared for the artist (I didn't), but got excited they were promoting new music in surround. In the end, it was merely streaming by Amazon and the Echo. Oh, bummer...

Yeah following that link leads only to complete nonsense.

Currently the only way to play it is with an Amazon 'Echo' device which is some sort of dinky little enclosure with a number of small speakers that therefore can only fake Atmos playback.

It's really disappointing and a stupid move on Dolby's part who should be targeting the enthusiasts who actually care about this stuff rather than the average consumer who will only shrug their shoulders at this and declare it a gimmick. Which is exactly what this current marketing ploy is.
It's sad that "the great unwashed" will accept this half measure as the real thing. Never finding the Valhalla of true Atmos !!!

Back