Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Matching Mole !
IMG_0041.JPG

Another highly recommended Rubellan remaster containing bonus tracks

Visage / Visage CD (Expanded Edition)

1. Visage
2. Blocks on Blocks
3. The Dancer
4. Tar
5. Fade to Grey
6. Malpaso Man
7. Mind of a Toy
8. Moon Over Moscow
9. Visa-age
10. The Steps
Bonus Tracks:
11. We Move
12. Fade to Grey (Dance Mix)
13. Mind of a Toy (Dance Mix)
14. Visage (Dance Mix)
15. We Move (Dance Mix)
16. Frequency 7 (Dance Mix)
17. Second Steps
Were you able to order this one?
It was marked as ‘Sold Out’ a couple of weeks ago.

Awesome, I’m in. Does the mini boxset have any worthy extras? I only ask because it’s cheaper buying the 3 individual discs.

Nothing extra other than the box itself.
There was a very long Rubellan thread at SHF (which has mysteriously disappeared) on which the label owner participated. He spoke of doing the box as an extra for fans, the higher price covered his cost only

Last edited:
I love 💘Matching Mole!

Greta Van Fleet's new one is quite good. Didn't spin it on my main system yet.

Listened to first four tracks 👣 on my Boston system in my car. Also listened through the replacement for the boom box in my laundry room. An Onkyo 5.1 receiver & Yamaha 5 CD changer running as 2ch through Polk S10's. Much better than the boom box.

Bass had too much distortion added on a track or two. Young folks often enjoy clipping. Other than that, fidelity sounds OK.

Plan to spin the rest later today.

So far, music is great.

Bird3
I got this CD by mistake instead of the DVDA which I have picked up
This is guitar driven rock from 2001 quite melodic and quite good.
A case where I actually like the music have yet to play my surround version.

Missing Persons - Rhyme & Reason (1984 Capitol Records)

(2021) Rubellan Remasters

1619302235492.jpeg

First time listen and sounds like a good remastering job was done with this Sophomore effort. Separation is first-rate. I don’t miss the eighties electronic drum sound so much but, the keyboard sound, I do miss.

I never did like this album. Listening to it today hasn’t changed my mind much. It sounds a bit too polished and overly produced to me. Unfortunately, this album is where Missing Persons went from a collaborative effort to more focus on Dale Bozzio. Although, their next and final album Color In Your Life wasn’t bad but could’ve been much better, it’s what put the final nail in their coffin. If they just would have stuck to their formula from Spring Session M, they may have been more popular and stuck around longer.

Favorite tracks:

Surrender Your Heart ❤
Clandestine People (sounds the closets to anything since Spring Session M)
All Fall Down
If Only For The Moment
Give (Dance Mix)
If Only For The Moment (Full Version) Really an Extended Remixed Version

Edit: Also one of the non-album bonus tracks, Fight For Life (5:16), contains acoustic drums. No Electronic drums here.

Last edited:
Missing Persons - Color In Your Life (1986 Capitol Records)

(2021) Rubellan Remasters

1619303845974.jpeg

This is the third and final album from the original lineup which sounds a bit closer to a more collaborative effort as on Spring Session M. It dispenses with the electronic drum sound that was on Rhyme & Reason and instead uses this big ‘Wall Of Sound’ that was used a lot by Eighties Artists.

I feel that most of the songs on this album, while still more commercial sounding, are better than their previous effort. It was produced by Bernard Edwards (the bass player from Chic fame that also produced The Power Station’s first album, among other artists) and it shows. I really like this album even though it’s a bright sounding record. It’s no Spring Session M but it does stand on its own.

All songs are good but absolute favorite tracks are:

Color In Your Life
I Can’t Think About Dancin’
No Secrets
Come Back For More

Throw away tracks:

Hot To Cold (Non-Album Bonus Track)
It’s A Must (Non-Album Bonus Track)

Not sure if there was an art error when compiling this album but my copy arrived with the cover art off the booklet with Patrick O’ Hearn where Dale Bozzio was originally (See below). Basically, turned to the left. It’s the same way on the disc label.

08995C15-2528-463F-9619-21A7585B507C.jpeg

Edit: I completely forgot to mention that, compared to Spring Session M, Dale Bozzio cuts way back on the squeaks in her voice but uses them very sparingly for Rhyme & Reason and Color In Your Life. A lot of people didn't like that about her singing but that’s what made her who she is.

Last edited:
I just saw this Post on Rubellan Remasters Website by Scott Davies:

Update added 4/24/2021

While I post about projects that have been cleared for reissue, I also share projects that have been denied. In many cases, I'm not necessarily given a reason but sometimes find out information that likely indicates the denial. I've just received four:

Berlin - Count Three And Pray (Expanded Edition)

This has been one of the most requested titles, and really disappoints because I didn't expect there to be a problem since I reissued their two previous albums. But it has been pointed out to me that the song Take My Breath Away has recently become unavailable on certain digital platforms, showing a void in the album's track listing where the song used to be. So it's very possible a rights issue associated with this song (It was originally released as a single on Columbia records for the movie soundtrack Top Gun) could be the problem.

The Fixx - Reach The Beach, Phantoms, Walkabout (Expanded Editions)

I had hoped to give some overdue attention to The Fixx catalog, even expanding the albums further than the last reissues. After the denials were received it was pointed out by a few people that the band were having the rights reverted to them next year, which would explain the denials. A couple of years ago, I had contacted the band about licensing their debut album Shuttered Room, as they've always owned the rights to this one and had been licensing it to MCA and other labels in the past. They were not interested in licensing it at the time.

Hopefully, I will have new clearances soon that I can post about here.

Unfortunately, I was really looking forward to that third Berlin album. And, The Fixx?? One of my all-time favorite bands. 😪

Back