Giancarlo Erra - Departure Tapes (cd & dvd-v/a 5.1 stereo/surround lossless)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordered. Glad to see lossless surround mix and DVD-A (which I can play in my car), with the surround FLAC a most welcome bonus.
It would be nice to have surround and other lossless digital downloads of albums with no available surround mixes available from outlets such as Surroundmusic.one.

When stuffing your Burning Shed cart and maybe trying to ignore shipping cost to the colonies and currency exchange rate, note that Lightdark Long Sleeve and Allow Yourself t-shirts are on sale and the Lightdark (digibook) CD+DVD-A and KSCOPE618 Teide 2390 CD+DVD-A (not to be confused with the pricier yet almost identical KSCOPE320) are in stock at a most reasonable price.

It would be nice to have surround and other lossless digital downloads of albums with no available surround mixes available from outlets such as Surroundmusic.one.

Agreed. (And given current international shipping costs, I would welcome the opportunity to buy 5.1 FLAC downloads without buying a physical disc.)

When stuffing your Burning Shed cart and maybe trying to ignore shipping cost to the colonies and currency exchange rate, note that . . . the Lightdark (digibook) CD+DVD-A and KSCOPE618 Teide 2390 CD+DVD-A (not to be confused with the pricier yet almost identical KSCOPE320) are in stock at a most reasonable price.

Great tips. And in spite of my grousing about "shipping costs to the colonies," I would also note that while the cost per disc is very high for the first three (sometimes greater than the disc itself!), after that it only rises slightly with each additional item. Reason to stock up on nosound!

Agreed. (And given current international shipping costs, I would welcome the opportunity to buy 5.1 FLAC downloads without buying a physical disc.)

I see what you mean, but that's something on Kscope. To be honest, personally speaking I'm all for downloads as added to physical products, but not so much on themselves, as I just think the package and everything else around the album gets lost and so also part of its meaning. Personally I consider streaming as good advertising mean, and then physical products (with digital downloads 'attached') as the best way both artistically and financially for artists. But that's just my opinion as I curate myself all artwork and packaging etc. of my albums, so there's a meaning there :)

Great tips. And in spite of my grousing about "shipping costs to the colonies," I would also note that while the cost per disc is very high for the first three (sometimes greater than the disc itself!), after that it only rises slightly with each additional item. Reason to stock up on nosound!

Yeah sadly Brexit made things much worst, as now every Country/courier charges more fees for no reason, all under the 'Brexit' umbrella. But indeed the more you add to a basket the better it is in terms of expense...not saying it to sell more of my stuff, just as a matter of fact 🙃

Ordered. Glad to see lossless surround mix and DVD-A (which I can play in my car), with the surround FLAC a most welcome bonus.

When stuffing your Burning Shed cart and maybe trying to ignore shipping cost to the colonies and currency exchange rate, note that Lightdark Long Sleeve and Allow Yourself t-shirts are on sale and the Lightdark (digibook) CD+DVD-A and KSCOPE618 Teide 2390 CD+DVD-A (not to be confused with the pricier yet almost identical KSCOPE320) are in stock at a most reasonable price.
Always planning like this for Burning Shed orders to Canada. I already have Teide 2390, but will be ordering Lightdark at the same time as Departure Tapes, maybe the long sleeve t-shirt, I'll see then. My last order from them was pretty big (8 items), so there is not much left in my wishlist.

Yeah sadly Brexit made things much worst, as now every Country/courier charges more fees for no reason, all under the 'Brexit' umbrella. But indeed the more you add to a basket the better it is in terms of expense...not saying it to sell more of my stuff, just as a matter of fact 🙃
...but then you've to pay tax if the sum exceeds a certain limit. Unfortunately.

Got a shipping notice from Burning Shed on this last night; can't wait to check it out (y)

Departure Tapes cd/dvd & vinyl bundle - vinyl/cd
Blimey, I talked to Giancarlo on Saturday and he said some people in the USA had already got their copies (not via The Shed) but he hadn't even got his official KScope copy yet!

I generated the 2.0 & 5.1 FLAC (its 24-bit, 48kHz, & Level 5 flac) & mp3 all with embedded Metadata (album cover comes out well on my OLED TV) for him and he uploaded yesterday, so I think you should get a link soon as well (not a 100% certain what the sales 'packages' are though).

Blimey, I talked to Giancarlo on Saturday and he said some people in the USA had already got their copies (not via The Shed) but he hadn't even got his official KScope copy yet!

I got mine at my local prog record store today.
IMG_20210628_170531502.jpg

The CD/DVDA had been added to Discogs
https://www.discogs.com/release/19317961
@nosound The pictures in the booklet are so beautiful. I'm starting to listen as we speak.

I got my official copy this morning, and agree the booklet photos are great, plus Giancarlo sent me the vinyl and the cover is great at LP size. The LP colour more or less matches the autumn brown tones of the cover.

BTW Mods: Can we have a poll for it please?

I got my official copy this morning, and agree the booklet photos are great, plus Giancarlo sent me the vinyl and the cover is great at LP size. The LP colour more or less matches the autumn brown tones of the cover.

BTW Mods: Can we have a poll for it please?

But nothing about the album Dunc? Are you still pre~occupied pickin' off gnomes with your air rifle?

R.5074c05ae797aa31ccfcfcfd46c20272

Last edited:
Back