Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They Seem Like Owls - Strangers 5.1 DTS DVDV
owls.jpg

He's one of my all time favorite artists.
Perp - I see that WOW face. Several factors....

1. Frampton was the very first rock concert I ever saw back in the 70's.
2. I think he's easily one of the most underrated guitarists on the planet.
3. His guitar work on one of Ringo's All Star Bands is flat out astounding.
4. I saw him 3 years ago in a small theater and got up close...so that was awesome.
5. He's so damn humble and down to earth.

:)

5. He's so damn humble and down to earth.

:)
Yeah...humble is the word I would also use to describe Peter.

Saw him perform at a medium-sized venue in Portland, Oregon, back in the 90s and I got to meet him after the show. He's actually a pretty funny dude, too. Sometimes, meeting your idols doesn't always turn out well, but after that night, my appreciation and respect for the man took a huge leap up.

I had tickets to see Peter Frampton on his final tour and would have been the first time I'd have been able to get to one of his gigs, but Covid stopped that, and because of his illness it wasn't rescheduled. I doubt he'll tour again :(
Being a huge Led Zepp. fan back in the day, I can relate. I was going to take leave from my Air Force gig in Omaha 1975 with a buddy. We got tickets for two of their shows; believe Kansas City and Oakland. But Plant got banged up in an accident and turned out I never got to see them live.
BTW, anybody holding? (LZ surround that is!)

Being a huge Led Zepp. fan back in the day, I can relate. I was going to take leave from my Air Force gig in Omaha 1975 with a buddy. We got tickets for two of their shows; believe Kansas City and Oakland. But Plant got banged up in an accident and turned out I never got to see them live.
BTW, anybody holding? (LZ surround that is!)
Hey cool, I was born at Offutt AFB.... but we left in 65 so we didn't cross paths there.

I like the different background textures you are using when posting your disc pictures. Reminds me of the craft brew thread.
Haha yea some are on my kitchen worktop the tiles and stones are in the garden and then there's the dining room floor, trying to get the best lighting or where the particular release fits, the Opeth is too big to get the jaunty angle on the kitchen worktop.

Back