Listening to Now In SACD Stereo (or Mono)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funny how things come full circle. I am sure we have all got some music that takes off into finding out how one artist bleeds into another.
I purchased this Eddie Jobson-The Green Album-SHM SACD strictly because it was released in the little white Japanese boxes that i like. Album orginally released in 1983 and then as SHM SACD in 2014. It is actually quite good. DR's are 8's, 9's, 10's, 11's, 12's, 15.
Then I find out Eddie Jobson is one of five muscians with Jethro Tull's "A".
R-6158409-1521481486-2503.jpeg.jpg

Funny how things come full circle. I am sure we have all got some music that takes off into finding out how one artist bleeds into another.
I purchased this Eddie Jobson-The Green Album-SHM SACD strictly because it was released in the little white Japanese boxes that i like. Album orginally released in 1983 and then as SHM SACD in 2014. It is actually quite good. DR's are 8's, 9's, 10's, 11's, 12's, 15.
View attachment 66498

Markie, you might be surprised to know that both Eddie Jobson's Green Album and Theme of Secrets was released by Globe Media in a fantastic sounding STEREO BD~A 96/24 [2 complete albums on one BD~A] and the set also includes 2 RBCDs. VERY Highly Recommended

Eddie Jobson: The Green Album/Theme of Secrets

BD

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07S3QLGFB?tag=hraudio-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1

Last edited:
And of course years in Roxy Music, Curved Air, Frank Zappa albums as well. Eddie was playing in U.K. opening for Jethro Tull the year before the 'A' tour.

Trivia - He was in Yes for about 15 minutes and can be seen in one of the 90125 videos.

And of course years in Roxy Music, Curved Air, Frank Zappa albums as well. Eddie was playing in U.K. opening for Jethro Tull the year before the 'A' tour.

Trivia - He was in Yes for about 15 minutes and can be seen in one of the 90125 videos.

Interesting, Tim. BTW, Jobson's album THEME OF SECRETS was originally released on RCA's Private Music Label and was used as a demo CD back in the day.

See the source image

Interesting, Tim. BTW, Jobson's album THEME OF SECRETS was originally released on RCA's Private Music Label and was used as a demo CD back in the day.

See the source image

Yes, still have that CD and several other Private Music titles from early CD days. The disc I saw used for demos the most back then was Flim & The BBs - Tricycle (DDD DMP title) and it was fun watching the faces of the stereo shoppers were floored when it kicked in. I liked using my 1st or 2nd CD RUSH - Power Windows (DDD) in the speaker salon, especially the Manhattan Project track.

Yes, still have that CD and several other Private Music titles from early CD days. The disc I saw used for demos the most back then was Flim & The BBs - Tricycle (DDD DMP title) and it was fun watching the faces of the stereo shoppers were floored when it kicked in. I liked using my 1st or 2nd CD RUSH - Power Windows (DDD) in the speaker salon, especially the Manhattan Project track.

FLIM and the BBs was one of my personal favs, as well, and wonder why DMP never released it in discrete multichannel .... IMO, would have been a natural.

But that BD~A I recommended above containing Jobson's Green and Theme of Secrets [with 2 RBCDs included] is AMAZING!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07S3QLGFB?tag=forumyield-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1

Back