Bob James - ONE 5.1 SACD [Not Surround]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited:
1974.. 😱
CTI.. 👀
could it be an unreleased Quad..? 🤯

(asking a lot, i know.. but i'm asking for a friend/friends and i/we're a pretty demanding bunch!) 🤣

ps. lets hope if One is a good one,
its not one and done
and they do two and three, too! 😂

74 was a prime year for CTI quad mixes , so yes it's quite possible .

Yes evo88.com
Are Selling it cheap.

They are in Hong Kong
you pay in dollars free P&P $30.24
They told me its released 16th of July.
I have ordered it.

Cheers.

didn't see the Deep Discount in time; but ordered from ImportCDs; they'd better not over promise this title with some OPM BS or they'll have a pissed off Mutt on their hands for this one!

Well, I'm sure Deep Discount will have one of their 15% off sales but usually only on IN STOCK items but they do offer free s/h on orders $25 or more so that's a bonus in and of itself. ImportCD charges $2.99 for the first disc and $1.49 s/h on additional disc orders.

I'll have to listen to the album before I decide to pull the trigger. Not too familiar with his catalog. What little I have heard, though, would seem to lend itself quite well to a surround mix.

Funny to think that the guy who wrote the theme to 'Taxi' also contributed to the early sound of hip-hop.

Last edited:
I made the mistake of purchasing the Bob James-One- 2021 remastered stereo FLAC, and right off the bat I can tell this music would be great in surround. Definately jazz fusion and a little movie soundtrack feel to it.
Surely, one of you who ordered has it by now?
My Mr. Big is highly enjoyable, discrete.
You can also add Acoustic Sounds to the list of sellers, ready July 30th.

Last edited:
I made the mistake of purchasing the Bob James-One- 2021 remastered stereo FLAC, and right off the bat I can tell this music would be great in surround. Definately jazz fusion and a little movie soundtrack feel to it.
Surely, one of you who ordered has it by now?
My Mr. Big is highly enjoyable, discrete.
You can also add Acoustic Sounds to the list of sellers, ready July 30th.

Markie, glad you enjoy the Bob James ONE album. Really looking forward to it in SURROUND. If one ordered the EVOSOUND MQA/SACDs stateside, they won't be released until July 30th due to a delay. Original release date was July 12th!

I'll have to listen to the album before I decide to pull the trigger. Not too familiar with his catalog. What little I have heard, though, would seem to lend itself quite well to a surround mix.

Funny to think that the guy who wrote the theme to 'Taxi' also contributed to the early sound of hip-hop.

I think he is considered the most sampled recording artist ever.

I think he is considered the most sampled recording artist ever.

That is kind of funny given that he kind of samples Pachelbel's Canon in D on the same album.

but I think that James Brown has got to be sampled way more than Bob James. Just with Funky Drummer alone.

Last edited:
That is kind of funny given that he kind of samples Pachelbel's Canon in D on the same album.

but I think that James Brown has got to be sampled way more than Bob James. Just with Funky Drummer alone.

Good point! James Brown would definitely be the most sampled.

I think I had read an article claiming as such that Bob James was, but it may have been "one of the most sampled" or "most sampled jazz artist", or something more specific. Bob James has been sampled a lot though, but yes probably not the most sampled. Your mention of James Brown jogged my memory and an internet search and I would definitely agree that James Brown would be the most sampled artist. :)

Edit: According to WhoSampledWho, Bob James is no. 15 in the most sampled artists, so definitely not the most, but still up there. James Brown is number one.

Also, I'm looking forward to hearing this in 5.1. (y)

Last edited:
Thanks for the additional info. Where there other notable names on the list between James Brown & Bob James. Would suspect that some early rap groups would be in there.

I am going to pick this up off of Amazon US for $19.00 and am also looking forward to the 5.1.

Markie, glad you enjoy the Bob James ONE album. Really looking forward to it in SURROUND. If one ordered the EVOSOUND MQA/SACDs stateside, they won't be released until July 30th due to a delay. Original release date was July 12th!
Thanks for the info regarding the Bob James release date being pushed out to 7/30/21. I'd wondered if anyone had theirs.
I pre-ordered this from Importcds & they had 7/16/21 as the initial release date..

Back