Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of the MANY pleasures of collecting Multi~Channel discs is the discovery of talent from obscure artists. Arnie Somogyi's AMBULANCE: Accident & Insurgency is one such disc. Expertly recorded by the LINN Recording team, this awesome jazz exploration swings BIG TIME and has become a favorite

https://www.discogs.com/Arnie-Somogyis-Ambulance-Accident-And-Insurgency/release/6843194

R0d82d41f9ee361db001e719d37f82249

Last edited:
Oh, those FABULOUS EMI ANGEL QUADS ..... When OH WHEN IS WARNER who owns the EMI Classical Catalogue going to 'git off their butts' and release them as QUAD SACDS, or allow Dutton Epoch to release them???????

See the source image
This is some really gorgeous music Ralph, I'm enjoying it much more than I thought I would (just finished the conversion today!) (y)

This is some really gorgeous music Ralph, I'm enjoying it much more than I thought I would (just finished the conversion today!) (y)

LOVED those Angel QUADs. How was the pressing? I had a mediocre turntable at the time these were released and kept returning them for repacements as the pressings were, well, DEpressing!

And don't you agree if Warner doesn't have any interest in releasing them, Dutton Epoch would certainly do them FULL justice via a 'generous licensing agreement?'

Last edited:
LOVED those Angel QUADs. How was the pressing? I had a mediocre turntable at the time these were released and kept returning them for repacements as the pressings were, well, DEpressing!

And dont you agree if Warner doesn't have any interest in releasing them, Dutton Epoch would certainly do them FULL justice via a 'generous licensing fee?'
Mine is actually an German EMI Electrola – 1C 063-02 822 Q (there were several various Quad pressings of this one.) And I got a sealed copy, with only minor RX 8 De-Click/De-Crackle needed. It now sounds pristine :)

Last edited:
Back