Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
John Waite - Falling Backwards

(1996) EMI Records

1620548679305.jpeg

gettin lucky ( no, not the Head East album !! )
quick story in a time capsule that came to conclusion today. My wife - ala 2006 or 2007 - says ' we need to go to Walmart, I need to pick up my glasses at their optical dept". We go. I head to the audio area to kill time while she does her fitting, etc. Again - this is 2006 or 7 so stores still stock CDs. Head to bargain bin, pick this CD up for - I think - a 5 spot. Get home, set it aside. It gets moved , shuffled , stored.

Today - 2021 - I find it and play it. WHOA !!! Why does this CD sound so effin good ??? !!! I Look at the ratings on discogs. I got lucky !!!. And sooo enjoyable to pull out an album that becomes so involving, so wonderful, so 'smile on the face'. Love it when something so simple brings a big smile. Ever happen to you ?

doobies.jpg

gettin lucky ( no, not the Head East album !! )
quick story in a time capsule that came to conclusion today. My wife - ala 2006 or 2007 - says ' we need to go to Walmart, I need to pick up my glasses at their optical dept". We go. I head to the audio area to kill time while she does her fitting, etc. Again - this is 2006 or 7 so stores still stock CDs. Head to bargain bin, pick this CD up for - I think - a 5 spot. Get home, set it aside. It gets moved , shuffled , stored.

Today - 2021 - I find it and play it. WHOA !!! Why does this CD sound so effin good ??? !!! I Look at the ratings on discogs. I got lucky !!!. And sooo enjoyable to pull out an album that becomes so involving, so wonderful, so 'smile on the face'. Love it when something so simple brings a big smile. Ever happen to you ?

View attachment 66953
Have you heard the MoFi version?

Back