Listening to Now (In Dolby Atmos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dolby Atmos music creation series
Join us tomorrow, May 12, at 7 a.m. and 12 p.m. PDT for the "What's new with Dolby Atmos music" webinar, where we will discuss the latest updates to the Dolby Atmos music ecosystem.

Register now to hear from Dolby's Ceri Thomas about:
• Dolby Atmos music in the car
• TIDAL on the go and at home
• Dolby Atmos studios worldwide

This session is the first of a four-part live webinar series that will cover studio setup techniques, Dolby Atmos music production, and mastering.

Subscribed to the seminar. I hope to be able to get in my two cents with Cheri about TIDAL'S discriminatory practices against including Prog Rock- Fusion classics in TIDAL, this was the original Musicians Music of the 20th century. One way or another I will get through to her-.

Subscribed to the seminar. I hope to be able to get in my two cents with Cheri about TIDAL'S discriminatory practices against including Prog Rock- Fusion classics in TIDAL, this was the original Musicians Music of the 20th century. One way or another I will get through to her-.
I don't think Ceri is the person to vent to. She is with Dolby, which has no power to determine what Tidal makes available on their music service. You need to find someone at Tidal to vent to. :cool:

@CINERAMAX Are you aware of prog titles mixed in Atmos that aren't on Tidal? If not, I'd agree with Eric - it's up to the labels to mix what they mix and then get it to Tidal. Tidal accepts anything and everything, especially through the Avid play distro service. That's the way all of the independent stuff is able to get on there. I'd say it's all shockingly inclusionary. ....if you have access to an Atmos capable DAW :)
I do question why the Gren Penny Elton John stuff has been missing for some reason. Seems like Elton is the perfect artist to bridge the gap between young and old, hip and prog, etc.

@CINERAMAX Are you aware of prog titles mixed in Atmos that aren't on Tidal? If not, I'd agree with Eric - it's up to the labels to mix what they mix and then get it to Tidal. Tidal accepts anything and everything, especially through the Avid play distro service. That's the way all of the independent stuff is able to get on there. I'd say it's all shockingly inclusionary. ....if you have access to an Atmos capable DAW :)
I do question why the Gren Penny Elton John stuff has been missing for some reason. Seems like Elton is the perfect artist to bridge the gap between young and old, hip and prog, etc.
In the Court of the Crimson King

Also, a lot of the content on Tidal is specifically fed to them by Dolby for use as demo tracks basically. All those singles and partial albums, pretty much all come directly from Dolby.

If I had seen this and could have gotten in, I would have loved to ask her what happened with the Rush and GnR mixes, and if we'll start seeing a lot of those singles and partial albums being filled out for full albums. Especially Rush (if they can fix their mix) and Elton John.

Dolby Atmos music creation series

Join us tomorrow, May 12, at 7 a.m. and 12 p.m. PDT for the "What's new with Dolby Atmos music" webinar, where we will discuss the latest updates to the Dolby Atmos music ecosystem.

Register now to hear from Dolby's Ceri Thomas about:
• Dolby Atmos music in the car
• TIDAL on the go and at home
• Dolby Atmos studios worldwide

This session is the first of a four-part live webinar series that will cover studio setup techniques, Dolby Atmos music production, and mastering.

I thought I had registered, but I didnt receive any notification or email. How was it? Is there any way to watch it now?

St. Vincent Daddy’s Home. To my knowledge, new on Tidal. Nice mix, not as rock as I’d like, but pleasant to have on fairly low in the background as I lazy into Saturday. Will have to listen again with more focus, could be interesting.
I'm totally unfamiliar with the work of St. Vincent, but after listening to this seven-minute interview on NPR, I think I'll cue up some of her work on Qobuz.

https://www.npr.org/2021/05/14/9969...nds-and-the-background-stories-of-daddys-home
St. Vincent NPR interview

Unless you are into 18th century Kabuki theater re-enactments, this overemotionally narrated by a Geisha recording is one
tomita.jpg
long sonic root canal. I missed so much the cheezy analog synth from the Tomita of the early seventies. A Waste.

The Temptaions - Get Ready

Streaming from Tidal. Excellent quad like mix from Mills Logan. Makes me want to get ready and go out and boogie! 🕺

View attachment 67260

https://tidal.com/browse/track/183958392
GR M.JPG

https://www.discogs.com/artist/6717...Credits&subtype=Technical&filter_anv=0&page=1
https://millslogan.com/Recent Happenings
Spring and Summer 2020-- Continue to mix more Dolby Atmos titles for Universal Music Group. Some of the artist I've had the pleasure to mix in this amazing new format are, The Band, Imagine Dragons, Fallout Boy, The Killers, Steve Miller Band, Smokey Robinson, Camper Van Beethoven, James Bay, Luke Bryan, Thomas Rhett, Brett Young, Jon Pardi, Billy Currington, Darius Rucker, Florida Georgia Line, Sugarland and so many more!!

Summer-Fall 2019-Winter 2020-- Ive had the pleasure of mixing hundreds of old classic songs for the new Dolby Atmos format for Universal Music Group. Listening to music this way has transformed the listening experience completely! Stereo now sounds like mono!! Some of the artist I've remixed are: Supertramp, Blondie, Ariana Grande, Billy Idol, Pat Benatar, Sam Smith, John Mellencamp, Tears For Fears, Weezer, Lana Del Ray, Snow Patrol, Smashing Pumpkins, Rob Zombie, Rush, The Band, Steve Miller Band, Glen Campbell, Avicii, Lionel Ritchie, The Killers, Creedance Clearwater Revival, Lorde, Sheryl Crow, Gloria Gaynor, Red Rider, Luke Bryan, Toby Keith and many more.

View attachment 67261

https://www.discogs.com/artist/6717...Credits&subtype=Technical&filter_anv=0&page=1
https://millslogan.com/Recent Happenings
Spring and Summer 2020-- Continue to mix more Dolby Atmos titles for Universal Music Group. Some of the artist I've had the pleasure to mix in this amazing new format are, The Band, Imagine Dragons, Fallout Boy, The Killers, Steve Miller Band, Smokey Robinson, Camper Van Beethoven, James Bay, Luke Bryan, Thomas Rhett, Brett Young, Jon Pardi, Billy Currington, Darius Rucker, Florida Georgia Line, Sugarland and so many more!!

Summer-Fall 2019-Winter 2020-- Ive had the pleasure of mixing hundreds of old classic songs for the new Dolby Atmos format for Universal Music Group. Listening to music this way has transformed the listening experience completely! Stereo now sounds like mono!! Some of the artist I've remixed are: Supertramp, Blondie, Ariana Grande, Billy Idol, Pat Benatar, Sam Smith, John Mellencamp, Tears For Fears, Weezer, Lana Del Ray, Snow Patrol, Smashing Pumpkins, Rob Zombie, Rush, The Band, Steve Miller Band, Glen Campbell, Avicii, Lionel Ritchie, The Killers, Creedance Clearwater Revival, Lorde, Sheryl Crow, Gloria Gaynor, Red Rider, Luke Bryan, Toby Keith and many more.
Wow! There's loads of cool artists in there that I've not seen/heard yet... 🤯

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back