ALL ABOUT MUSIC #2 - Non Surround, Not Covered In Other Threads

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image.jpg

well well well. Its been a long wait. but perhaps there is a sense of previous normality soon. lets keep our fingers crossed. looks like artists are making plans for touring, venues are opening, schedules are being released.

GRAND RAPIDS, MI -- O.A.R., Kansas and The Verve Pipe are among the groups tentatively scheduled for the Fifth Third Bank Summer Concerts at Meijer Gardens series this summer.
The groups were announced Thursday, April 29 by Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park, with the caveat that all shows are subject to change because of coronavirus restrictions.
Right now, the Fifth Third Bank Summer Concerts at Meijer Gardens series is scheduled for July, August and September if state restrictions allow.
Officials also announced St. Paul & the Broken Bones and Black Violin with the Blind Boys of Alabama as tentative acts.
Meijer Gardens plans to announce the complete 30-show lineup and ticket sale dates as soon as possible.
The park is partnering with the Grand Rapids Symphony to put on three shows for the series, including a solo Grand Rapids Symphony performance conducted by Bob Bernhardt, principal pops conductor; the Grand Rapids Symphony with Pink Martini; and another special show to be announced.

Last edited:

My granddaughter, master of the flute like her mother, decided to buy a guitar and teach herself how to play a bit. She doesn't really sing either but played this song for her mother on Mother's Day. For context on the song, it helps if you watch Outlander :)

Last edited:

My granddaughter, master of the flute like her mother, decided to buy a guitar and tech herself how to play a bit. She doesn't really sing either but played this song for her mother on Mother's Day. For context on the song, it helps if you watch Outlander :)

She's talented. and the flute is not an easy instrument to master. I hope she continues with the guitar and singing as well.

It invoked a few old memories from around 60 years ago! The song your granddaughter was playing (and also singing well) has parts of the same tune from an old Scottish Folk Song that my grandfather used to sing to me as small child (I was 4-5),
which had the first verse lyrics
"Speed bonnie boat like a bird on the wing,
Onward the sailors cry,
Carry the lad that is born to be King,
Over the sea to Skye. "

My sister is a good flute player, my niece (her 12yrs old daughter) is doing brilliantly at as well.

Back