What concert are you watching? (ALL Formats, DVD-V, BD..maybe LDs too)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amazon US must be delayed. Release date still says tomorrow (April 30) and if that were true, it would have already shipped....so....
I received an update from Amazon telling me that my copy should arrive on Tuesday, 04 May. Looking forward to spinning this thing!

1620221803174.png

Dear Jerry: Celebrating The Music Of Jerry Garcia on blu ray in 5.1

Rewatched Standing in the Shadows of Motown last night after visiting Hitsville USA. It was worth revisiting and had better info then the site tour.

Well, I guess "better" can be taken a few ways. It was primarily about the Funk Brothers while the tour focused on Gordy's legacy. So much so that Jamerson wasn't even mentioned once in the entire tour (a fact that seems nearly criminal to me).

My copy arrives on Tuesday.
Hey E., was also impressed by the smooth and silky slide playing of Jeremy Spencer -even Pete Townshend seemed to dig it!

I liked the way the mix is handled (even though mostly all up front) instruments wide to the sides per the stage position and also center positions. It also has a nice punchy sound to it. At one point Mick's bass drum hits seemed to really jump out into the room with bombastic authority. It was also nice and filling having Zak Starkey (Ringo's son) providing additional drumming with Mick, which is also mixed well (Mick mostly on the left & Zak on the right.) But for me Rick Vito held the whole thing together, in a guitar period style respectfulness; where as the other guitarists were just kinda doing their own usual styles IMO.

Hey E., was also impressed by the smooth and silky slide playing of Jeremy Spencer -even Pete Townshend seemed to dig it!

I liked the way the mix is handled (even though mostly all up front) instruments wide to the sides per the stage position and also center positions. It also has a nice punchy sound to it. At one point Mick's bass drum hits seemed to really jump out into the room with bombastic authority. It was also nice and filling having Zak Starkey (Ringo's son) providing additional drumming with Mick, which is also mixed well (Mick mostly on the left & Zak on the right.) But for me Rick Vito held the whole thing together, in a guitar period style respectfulness; where as the other guitarists were just kinda doing their own usual styles IMO.
So Vito filled in the role usually reserved for guys like G.E.Smith. Now I’ll definitely have to key in on Vito when I watch the disc.

Back