Tidal Adds Dolby Atmos Music

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apple has not indicated any plans for Atmos, however they are having two tiers of lossless.

Lossless (up to 24/48)
High-res Lossless (up to 24/192)

AFAIK Apple has kept all the CD quality masters they have been sent for everything so everything will be lossless. Hopefully.

Apple has not indicated any plans for Atmos, however they are having two tiers of lossless.

Lossless (up to 24/48)
High-res Lossless (up to 24/192)

AFAIK Apple has kept all the CD quality masters they have been sent for everything so everything will be lossless. Hopefully.
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/threads/apple-joining-the-atmos-streaming-game.30499/
From their FAQ:
  • How can I listen to Dolby Atmos music?
    All Apple Music subscribers using the latest version of Apple Music on iPhone, iPad, Mac, and Apple TV7 can listen to thousands of Dolby Atmos music tracks using any headphones. When you listen with compatible Apple or Beats headphones,8 Dolby Atmos music plays back automatically when available for a song. For other headphones, go to Settings > Music > Audio and set Dolby Atmos to Always On. You can also hear Dolby Atmos music using the built‑in speakers on a compatible iPhone, iPad, MacBook Pro, or HomePod,9 or by connecting your Apple TV 4K to a compatible TV or audiovisual receiver.

Last edited:
This could be key - if you have an Apple TV 4K then could get the full Atmos experience. I’m gonna sign up for Apple Music and see what happens. If it’s as good or better than Tidal then I’ll be saying goodbye to Tidal.
E9F43733-BD95-4272-BB69-B983BC1BB571.jpeg

This could be key - if you have an Apple TV 4K then could get the full Atmos experience. I’m gonna sign up for Apple Music and see what happens. If it’s as good or better than Tidal then I’ll be saying goodbye to Tidal.
View attachment 67195
Do you have any idea about how expensive Apple Music is? I'd need someone to subscribe and check how much Atmos music is in there before discontinuing my Tidal subscription

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/threads/apple-joining-the-atmos-streaming-game.30499/
From their FAQ:
  • How can I listen to Dolby Atmos music?
    All Apple Music subscribers using the latest version of Apple Music on iPhone, iPad, Mac, and Apple TV7 can listen to thousands of Dolby Atmos music tracks using any headphones. When you listen with compatible Apple or Beats headphones,8 Dolby Atmos music plays back automatically when available for a song. For other headphones, go to Settings > Music > Audio and set Dolby Atmos to Always On. You can also hear Dolby Atmos music using the built‑in speakers on a compatible iPhone, iPad, MacBook Pro, or HomePod,9 or by connecting your Apple TV 4K to a compatible TV or audiovisual receiver.
Headphones? LOL

Going back to track to discuss what's in Tidal, I'm really impressed with St. Vincent's album mix. It's a very very adventurous mix, fully discreet and with crazy panning and swirling and all too gimmicky. Really does justice to the quirkiness of the music.

so I got suckered back in to a $2 for 2 months re-activation deal to Tidal Hi-Fi via email and yup, low sound volume still sucks (are you kidding me, they haven't fixed this simple issue yet?).

Next, I'm only interested in 1-10% of the atmos songs but hey, if those 10% are good then it'll be worth $2 and then I'ma move my ass to Apple in 2 months because I suspect Apple will stream in a higher bitrate than Tidal.

I'm assuming Apple will have completely different albums and tracks with different under contract mixers than Tidal has so that will be worth the price of a free months trial lol

so I got suckered back in to a $2 for 2 months re-activation deal to Tidal Hi-Fi via email and yup, low sound volume still sucks (are you kidding me, they haven't fixed this simple issue yet?).

Next, I'm only interested in 1-10% of the atmos songs but hey, if those 10% are good then it'll be worth $2 and then I'ma move my ass to Apple in 2 months because I suspect Apple will stream in a higher bitrate than Tidal.

I'm assuming Apple will have completely different albums and tracks with different under contract mixers than Tidal has so that will be worth the price of a free months trial lol
It's a long shot: but I'm hoping Apple will make their Atmos offerings lossless.

It's a long shot: but I'm hoping Apple will make their Atmos offerings lossless.

When I watch Netflix, I prefer it on my Apple TV because the PQ just seems so much better. I suspect the same is for the audio.

For all that I hate apple, they always seem to provide the best audio/visual quality of any platform/app/streaming service/thing.

Oh, and The Eagles Those Shoes atmos

God knows you're lookin' good enough
But you're so smooth and the world's so rough
You might have somethin' to lose
Oh, no pretty mama
What you gonna do in those shoes?
Got those pretty little straps around your ankles
Got those shiny little chains around your heart
You got to have your independence
But you don't know just where to start
Desperation in the singles bars
All those jerkoffs in their fancy cars