Nazareth Hair Of The Dog?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wrat

So I was digging around my old discs and I came across a burned disc all I had written on it was Nazareth dvd-A.
apparently its some version of hair of the dog it has 14 tracks and does not appear to match anything I can find its 5.1 and does not sound upmixed but could be. It appears to be the 30th anniversary but I cant find where that was released as 5.1 dvd audio
Hair of the Dog (album) - Wikipedia
There was supposed to be a question here as in has anyone ever seen or heard of Hair of the Dog in surround???

Last edited:
So I was digging around my old discs and I came across a burned disc all I had written on it was Nazareth dvd-A.
apparently its some version of hair of the dog it has 14 tracks and does not appear to match anything I can find its 5.1 and does not sound upmixed but could be. It appears to be the 30th anniversary but I cant find where that was released as 5.1 dvd audio
Hair of the Dog (album) - Wikipedia
There was supposed to be a question here as in has anyone ever seen or heard of Hair of the Dog in surround???
I may be barking up the wrong tree but is there anything coming out of the Woofer? ....... sorry :oops::rolleyes: ............ I'll get my coat.............

It would be a great album in surround though!

Any chance of a copy please?
Naz were a really under-rated band (I have the retrospective Box Set, so have tradeables)

A great album, Nazareth is one of those groups that (as far as I know) didn't put out any quad. I wonder why? A&M bounced around trying different LP formats, but you would think they would of at least put out one or two Naz Q8's!

I can tell you as far is stereo, no pressing comes close to an original UK Mountain label pressing. By far there best album and awesome art on the cover.

Last edited:
I can tell you as far is stereo, no pressing comes close to an original UK Mountain label pressing. By for there best album and awesome art on the cover.
Thanks for the tip!
I can say that (Castle Com., CLACD 241, EEC) is the best CD edition. Later reissues were grossly reduced quality.

The album 'Hair Of The Dog' is indeed an upmix - of this I am absolutely certain, but it is one of the better ones without a doubt, and really makes me want to get my paws on the multitracks - assuming they still exist, of course.
Naz in discrete 5.1 would be outstanding - and in my opinion only matched by L&R and Ian Hunter.

Back