What's the Latest MATRIX LP/CD Added to Your Pile? SQ, QS, RM, EV

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Optonica Voice Matrix Demonstration
7"/33rpm
View attachment 67262
View attachment 67263
The googl translation came out kind of funny, it seems to describe a system where a mic mixing box is connected to the RM decoder so you can swap the vocalist with the mic input for karaoke in quad?:

"KI 1144 voice matrix DEMONSTRATION RECORD voice matrix What is a voice matrix? Sharp first released a stereo with a built-in microphone device in 1969. I walked through the play stereo, which can be said to be the product of the current Young. It's called this play stereo. Open has now taken the mic mixing device to the next level. So, what kind of device is this voice trick device? Speaking of one day, it is a completely new device that matrixes the sound of the instrument and reduces only the voice of the singer in the lower part. Mike: Oren A, instead of this little singer, you can feel like you're singing in her pack. In other words, the voice matrix is her hand-to-hand replacement. By the way, when playing the musical record of this voice trick device, only the music of the pack can be used. This is because when a song without a song is played back and the song itself is tuned to the rhythm, it was not possible to sing this song back. .. However, the Voice Matrix was developed with the point that if you sing a song that is actually sung by a singer, you can swing instead of your hand. .. Just one-touch, just judge the voice matrix switch. All you have to do now is control the microphone level appropriately. Of course, if you don't ash the Voice Matrix switch, it will be a duo with a singer as a general microphone mixing device. In addition to mixing this voice matrix circuit, you can create your own original music serve by mixing your favorite Touhou instruments, such as guitars and trumpets. As a singer and as a person ... It will be more fun instead of the traditional passive stereo check that you only think about, instead of the sexual stereo technique that you participate in. This is her Voice Matrix, Mike Trende. This record was created as a dedicated record for the Voice Matrix, but when you're looking forward to it as a regular record, it's recorded as a channel record, so the SIDE 1 of the Quad Selector's Irregular Matrix) Shiretoko Love Song Kazumi Yasui Written by Kazumi Yasui Written by Hira Koji Hayakawa Song"

Here is pictures of a Sharp MX-400 mic mix box:
View attachment 67264
View attachment 67265

Oops! My heart went O.O.P.S...!! 😋

Hi. All

( Tam Records : QS-YT-1044 { 7" 45. } From The Film " ROY BEAN " )-
( Toshiba : QS -PRO SERIES LF-91001 -Yomi-Kyo POP`s )-
( EMI Angel : SQ -1-37416 -J. S. Bach Christmas Oratorie Box Set 4 LP`s )-
( EMI : SQ -1C063.30. 767Q -Die Wagnerorgel Im Dom Zu Brandenburg- Werner Jacob Organ )-
( EMI. exlibis :SQ EL16856 -Antonin Dvorak )-
( Hai shan Records :SQ LS-4052 -Nostalgia Songs in Mandarin Spring Mountain Miss Mandarin Songs )-

Sorry for fussy photos had camera on wrong setting to lazy to redo

IMG_20210415_145915.jpg
IMG_20210415_145927.jpg

IMG_20210415_150008.jpg
IMG_20210415_150026.jpg

IMG_20210521_135832.jpg

IMG_20210521_135936.jpg

IMG_20210521_135955.jpg

IMG_20210521_140153.jpg
IMG_20210521_140215.jpg
IMG_20210521_140401.jpg
IMG_20210521_140418.jpg

IMG_20210521_140540.jpg

IMG_20210521_140728.jpg
IMG_20210521_140808.jpg

IMG_20210521_140932.jpg
IMG_20210521_141044.jpg

Hi. All

( Tam Records : QS-YT-1044 { 7" 45. } From The Film " ROY BEAN " )-
( Toshiba : QS -PRO SERIES LF-91001 -Yomi-Kyo POP`s )-
( EMI Angel : SQ -1-37416 -J. S. Bach Christmas Oratorie Box Set 4 LP`s )-
( EMI : SQ -1C063.30. 767Q -Die Wagnerorgel Im Dom Zu Brandenburg- Werner Jacob Organ )-
( EMI. exlibis :SQ EL16856 -Antonin Dvorak )-
( Hai shan Records :SQ LS-4052 -Nostalgia Songs in Mandarin Spring Mountain Miss Mandarin Songs )-

Sorry for fussy photos had camera on wrong setting to lazy to redo

View attachment 67379View attachment 67380
View attachment 67381View attachment 67382
View attachment 67383
View attachment 67384
View attachment 67385
View attachment 67386View attachment 67387View attachment 67388View attachment 67389
View attachment 67390
View attachment 67391View attachment 67392
View attachment 67393View attachment 67394
Hey Big Bill, that Judge Roy Bean looks interesting. How do those TAM’s sound?
And do you have “Shaft in Africa” ?

That Toshiba/EMI Classical "may" be SQ BBQ.

According to an article in Billboard , the Toshiba Classical albums retained the EMI SQ encode.
In the article (August 11, 1973 pg 80) , they opted out of RM in favour of SQ sometime in May 1971.
This is true only for Toshiba's Classical albums.(Toshiba/Capitol not included)
However it's unknown when later on Toshiba Records adopted QS for their records .
I only mention this because I notice no matrix system is indicated on that record.

That Toshiba/EMI Classical "may" be SQ BBQ.

According to an article in Billboard , the Toshiba Classical albums retained the EMI SQ encode.
In the article (August 11, 1973 pg 80) , they opted out of RM in favour of SQ sometime in May 1971.
This is true only for Toshiba's Classical albums.(Toshiba/Capitol not included)
However it's unknown when later on Toshiba Records adopted QS for their records .
I only mention this because I notice no matrix system is indicated on that record.

Hi. fizzywiggs

I have come to a conclusion when it comes to LP `s that is 4CH like these Pro Series have no indication on the LP or the cover only on the OBI it`s going to be matrix encoded & 9 times out of 10 it`s going to be(QS-RM)... QM. QX?... All these matrix will decode through the Sansui QS system.

I find that if it is SQ matrix there is all ways some indication of SQ on the LP or cover I am talking about Japanese LP`s.

I have listened to this LP and it`s surround balance is not coherent when listening it through SQ.
When listening through QS the sound field is more balanced coherent, this is my own opinion.
BBQ...

Hey Big Bill, that Judge Roy Bean looks interesting. How do those TAM’s sound?
And do you have “Shaft in Africa” ?

Hi. PUPSTER

I have listened to this 7" 45 it`s a good instrumental play with band and orchestra it had a good 4 speaker surround balance sound to it, I have not seen the film though which it is based on.
BBQ...

Hi. PUPSTER

I have listened to this 7" 45 it`s a good instrumental play with band and orchestra it had a good 4 speaker surround balance sound to it, I have not seen the film though which it is based on.
BBQ...
Interesting Paul Newman film for sure, worth a look IMO; and how about that TAM “Shaft in Africa” have you seen or have that one?

@bigbillquad

Good to know BBQ.
Just thought I'd mention this quad oddity I found out with Toshiba's Classical albums.
So it's either RM or QS depending on it's release date.

:)

Toshiba had there fingers in most of the Quad format`s and was the official supplier for EMI SQ classical LP in japan and there was a time when they stopped having any indication that the LP was SQ... there was on the vinyl inner groove and under the main code in small print QYE1 -6754 or something simulator but did not tell you that it was Quad.
BBQ...

Last edited:
Dear John,

I’m apparently living in the wrong city
I think I'm the only one here who likes quad vinyl or the only one who's still on the market for it. Last 4 years I started scanning surfing most of not all record stores in downtown Vancouver BC and in let's say the closest neighbourhoods circling down town, from east west north and south. My total score is 110 records of which ten or so are just playable at best, the rest is vinyl wise close to mint. In the beginning I bought them for 5 to 9 dollars, last year they became more expensive. So 4 years thus took me to collect 60 SQ and 50 or so Quadradisc CD-4. Most stores have or better had, a bin with labeled Quadraphonic vinyl and one store didn't label them at all, just put them under the artist, quad or stereo. That's were I bought them today. Zulu records on 4th West Ave.
By the way, I just now at home found out I already owned all three SQ's. I thought I owned two. Reason I bought these thinking knowing I already owned two of them, was/ is course the vinyl is really mint like new. I got in total six or seven double SQ / CD-4's, so maybe I can trade them somewhere for other titles. But were, and or with whom, I have no clue.
Luckenly the Quadradisc CD-4 Carly Simon I bought also at the same store just now, I didn't have yet.
In short, the quad labeled bins in the stores I have scanned over here , are all empty as far as I know. The store without specific quad labeled bins I bought the 4 records today, I surfed checked every bin every artist. Score 4 records thus.
We're do you get your quad records from?

Last edited:
I think I'm the only one here who likes quad vinyl or the only one who's still on the market for it. Last 4 years I started scanning surfing most of not all record stores in downtown Vancouver BC and the let's say the closest neighbourhoods circling down town, from east west north and south. My total score is 110 records of which ten or so playable at best, the rest is vinyl wise close to mint. In the beginning I bought them for 5 to 9 dollars, last year they became more expensive. So 4 years thus took me. 60 SQ, 50 or so are Quadradisc CD-4. Most stores have or better had a bin with labeled Quadraphonic vinyl, one store didn't label them just put them under the artist, quad or stereo. That's were I bought them today. Zulu records on 4th West Ave.
By the way, I just now at home found out I already owned all three. I thought I owned two. Reason I bought these knowing I already owned two of them, was/ is course the vinyl is really mint like new. I got in total six or seven doubles, so maybe I can say trade them somewhere for other titles. But we're, with whom, I have no clue.
The Quadradisc CD-4 Carly Simon I bought also at the same store just now, I don't have yet.
In short, the quad labeled bins in the stores I have scanned over here , are a empty as far as I know. The store without specific quad labeled bins I bought the 4 records today, I surfed checked every bin every artist. Score 4 records! I bought them a thus!
We're do you get your quad records from?
I buy mine from discogs.com, and stick mostly with sealed or Mint, but even then a few show up more like VG. I'd say 80% are what I expect in condition. But I do miss the in person- rummaging through everything in person, as little surprises would pop up 😁

Back