Audition CS6 - Sourund Mix?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HWKraus

Hi,
I have some 5.1 FLACs which I want to mix together. I can load them in Audition CS6 and insert them in a Multitrack Session. But when I mix them to Master only the front left/right channels have a signal. The other channels are shown but are empty.

Are there any tips for me?

Thanks in advance, Hans

Hi,
I have some 5.1 FLACs which I want to mix together. I can load them in Audition CS6 and insert them in a Multitrack Session. But when I mix them to Master only the front left/right channels have a signal. The other channels are shown but are empty.

Are there any tips for me?

Thanks in advance, Hans
I have an older version, but in that you would go to View>Surround Encoder & choose your method of export.

How do you like the newer version?

Thanks,
but CS 6 doesn't have that entry in View.
Audition 3.0.1 was the one I used in advance of CS 6. The thing I miss in CS 6 are the scientific filters of 3.0.1. I use CS6 mainly for tidying up LPs (de-clicking and de-noising) and trimming of recordings. I used scientific filters for trimming the frequency range of FM recordings. Therefore I'm not the best one to judge CS 6.
Hans

Your situation is a bit puzzling. Mind posting pictures of your session & mixer ?

Hi junh1024,
I hope these screen shots are what you want (my user interface is in German).
"SourceFileLoaded.png" is the source file in 5.1 which I want to mix to 5.1
"NewMultitrackSession.png" shows the parameters for creating a new multitrack session.
"EmptyMulitrackSession.png" shows the created - empty - multitrack session. On top in big the 'Track 1', still empty, and on bottom the Master in small.
"SourceFileLoaded.png" shows the session with the source file loaded in Track 1.
"NewMix.png" shows the settings for Multitrack/Mix Session in New File.
"MixReady.png" is the resulting new file, with LFE, C, LS and RS empty .
Thanks, Hans

Hi. You can delete your pictures now if you wish.

You have inserted a 51 file on a 20 track, so you are only getting 20 sound. Please insert your 51 file on a new 51 track to get 51 sound.

Back