Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
....speaking of ABWH.............Howe many super groups can a man be a part of ? Stevie......love him

gtr.jpg

Yes - Union

Wikipedia: Union is the thirteenth studio album by English progressive rock band Yes, released on 30 April 1991 by Arista Records. Production began following the amalgamation of two bands featuring current and previous members of Yes: Anderson Bruford Wakeman Howe (ABWH), consisting of Jon Anderson, Bill Bruford, Rick Wakeman Steve Howe, and Yes, then consisting of Chris Squire, Trevor Rabin, Tony Kaye and Alan White. The eight musicians signed with Arista and a combination of unfinished tracks by both groups were selected for Union. The album was highly problematic from the start, including disagreement from some members about the "merger" of the two bands, strained relations during the recording sessions, and decisions by the production team of Jon Anderson and Jonathan Elias to bring in session musicians to re-record parts that Wakeman and Howe had already put down, and to record additional parts on already finished tracks.

Union was released to a mixed critical reception and the majority of the band have openly stated their dislike for the material and how it was produced. Despite all this, it fared relatively well commercially, reaching No. 7 in the UK and No. 15 in the US. "Lift Me Up", "Saving My Heart", and "I Would Have Waited Forever" were released as singles; the first of which topped the Billboard Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks chart for six weeks. After two months, Union was certified gold by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) for selling 500,000 copies. Howe's solo guitar piece, "Masquerade", received a Grammy Award nomination for Best Rock Instrumental Performance. Yes supported Union with their 1991–1992 "Around the World in 80 Dates" world tour that featured all eight members playing on stage together; Bruford and Howe left the band at the tour's conclusion, with Wakeman following shortly thereafter.

1622422570814.jpeg
image.jpg

IMG_0014.JPG

Continuing through the Fleetwood Mac box set with 1971's Future Games

Bought this on vinyl (with the green cover) in the early 80's as I began to explore their pre Buckingam/Nicks albums.
Been a very long time since I played it, don't think I ever realized how good it is.
Unfortunately though the sound is as murky and muffled as ever, too bad they couldn't open it up a bit during the remastering process. The alternate takes actually sound better.
All and all, an early Fleetwood Mac treasure.

IMG_0015.JPG

Next from the Fleetwood Mac box: Bare Trees

I have the original CD but can't have played it much, none of this sounds familiar.
Very good album, definitely heading more in a pop direction.
Unlike Future Games which sounds muffled, this remaster is bright.
Unfortunately, despite the enthusiasm of some about the remastering, so far I'm finding most of these aren't that great.

Beaver and Krause GANDHARVA: The Celestial Musician {Warner Brothers RBCD} Tracks 6 through 10 were recorded in San Francisco's GRACE CATHEDRAL with the participation of Bud Shank [flute, alto sax] and Gerry Mulligan [baritone sax]

Gandharva was recorded QUADRAPHONICALLY....would make a TRIPPY/SUBLIME QUAD SACD!

Gandharva. Warner Bros. WS-1909 (EV) [US, Cabada, Venezuela], QP-8177W
(QS) [Japan], K 46130 (EV) [UK]

R-3783858-1461314366-9403.png.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 67563

Continuing through the Fleetwood Mac box set with 1971's Future Games

Bought this on vinyl (with the green cover) in the early 80's as I began to explore their pre Buckingam/Nicks albums.
Been a very long time since I played it, don't think I ever realized how good it is.
Unfortunately though the sound is as murky and muffled as ever, too bad they couldn't open it up a bit during the remastering process. The alternate takes actually sound better.
All and all, an early Fleetwood Mac treasure.
I remember buying the yellow cover in high school from the local record store and very shortly after the green cover came out. The two owners of the record store who where in there 20's said that they probably made the switch because you could see the green cover easier in the record bin?

One of the GREAT CTI masterpieces: Gerry Mulligan/Chet Baker CARNEGIE HALL CONCERT [CTI/Columbia Mastersound/24K Gold CD]
CONTAINS A PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED TRACK [Super Bit Mapping]

See the source image

Last edited:
I have promo LP's of Mulligan/Baker. They were released as two separate albums. This Gold CD has both.

IMO, Linda, this album is as great if not better than the often released JIM HALL CONCIERTO and needs a proper SACD remaster. Until that time, this GOLD CD sounds wonderful. Perhaps D~V can obtain the rights.

Back