Listening to Now In SACD Stereo (or Mono)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Listening to an old classic revived in a new SACD, 2.0 with DR's of orginal album 12's and 13's with bonus tracks 11-18 of DR's 11's, 12's, 14, 15.
I have always liked this disc including the orginal CD I owned.
R-18769087-1622263606-9549.jpeg.jpg

Queen - A Night At The Opera (2011 Japan SHM-SACD)

Originally released November 21, 1975 by EMI (UK) and Elektra (US)

From Wikipedia: Produced by Roy Thomas Baker and Queen, it was reportedly the most expensive album ever recorded at the time of its release. The album's title is taken from the Marx Brothers film of the same name.

1622305950056.jpeg

Queen - A Day At The Races (2011 Japan SHM-SACD)

Originally released December 10, 1976 by EMI (UK) and Elektra (US)

From Wikipedia: It was the band's first completely self-produced album, and the first not to feature producer Roy Thomas Baker. Recorded at The Manor, Sarm West and Wessex Studios in England, A Day at the Races was engineered by Mike Stone. The album serves as a companion album to the band's previous album, A Night at the Opera, both taking their names from Marx Brothers films, as well as sharing similar packaging and eclectic musical themes.

1622308511412.jpeg

King Crimson - Tour Box 2020: Fracture (Live in Vienna 2016)

As most are aware, this is one of the most intense Crim tracks ever written. This live version is over the edge with two guitars for amazing counterpoints and outstanding embellishments tastefully tossed about.
Then add Mel Collins. Heat and Serve.

Ain Soph - A Story Of Mysterious Forest (1980): Crossfire

Some Facebook friends with amazing musical knowledge dropped this Japanese jazz fusion band on me a couple weeks ago. Forty years without hearing this before! Found a new copy of this album as a $12 bargain on Discogs so I started there. When you can find their CDs, they fetch $25-$50 each and sometimes more.

Last edited:
Adam Holzman + Brave New World - The Last Gig [released May 2021]

Playing the entire CD in my catch-up listens today. Flew to NYC to catch the first gig (also at small club Nublu) in Dec 2019 before they took the show on a European tour. Played this show when they got back to the states on the same day we started hearing the word 'pandemic'. The show concludes with an interpretation of Steven Wilson's Abandoner (which he played on SW tours numerous times!)

Crack The Sky - Safety In Numbers - 21st Century Redux

Playing the whole album - this is revisionist history that answers the musical question "what would this album (Safety In Numbers) had sounded like if founder John Palumbo had stayed in the band when they the lads made this one? Already stellar in original form, this is an oddly satisfying mutation that only Palumbo could even attempt. There's a few new songs, lyrics and of course John's vocals and instruments. He wisely retained the cool parts that made the original version so good.

Lighten Up McGraw :smokin

Dire Straits - Making Movies

Wikipedia:

Making Movies is the third studio album by British rock band Dire Straits released on 17 October 1980 by Vertigo Records internationally, Warner Bros. Records in the United States and Mercury Records in Canada. The album includes the single "Romeo and Juliet", which reached #8 on the UK Singles Chart, as well as one of Dire Straits’ best known cuts, “Tunnel of Love”, which was also featured in the 1982 Richard Gere film An Officer and a Gentleman.

Making Movies reached number one on the album charts in Italy and Norway, number 19 in the United States and number 4 in the United Kingdom. Making Movies was later certified platinum in the United States and double-platinum in the United Kingdom. It is regarded as one of Dire Straits’ best albums.

image.jpg

Back