New Surround Master v2 - Pre-Order Roster Discussion Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Involve Audio has discontinued the v2. The v3 is will be available for preorder soon.

Last edited:
I'm hoping the v3 will be much more than just adding an internal DA converter with optical SPDIF input. You can buy those for peanuts at Parts Express ( and elsewhere) & that category doesn't inspire confidence in audio quality.

I know Chucky did mention that adding HDMI to his SM products would entail a very expensive licensing fee but at the very least, a coaxial output would've been more preferable to optical.

See, I am confused; an optical input is a waste of time for what I need from a SM; a digital out is what is needed for folks with non-analog input receivers right?
Just get an analogue amplifier.

That being said the surround master has to do the output D/A conversion so a digital output would permit the use of high end (audiophile) D/A converters but that damn HDMI licensing fee!

Yes but you do know the thingy Overture has been working on is optical input to the SM, not output.
Honestly I don't know why I'm still confused over this subject: I mean, I can still walk and chew gum (maybe I should check myself on that? :-()

Post #9 Chucky -
"On the good side of the fence Dave the bitch is distracted from the super preamp again temprarilly designing the SUPER MINI PREAMP in a surround master case. "

Post #14 Chucky -
"It's a phono plus all the usual ins and outs like CD and optical etc. Dunno about digital out. Let's all keep in mind the price tag."

Post #15 Dave -
"Being a stereo preamp with a dsp....hmm"

Post #24 Dave -
"This particular product is the preamp, which is stereo anyway, so toslink would do as the digital output."

Honestly I don't know why I'm still confused over this subject: I mean, I can still walk and chew gum (maybe I should check myself on that? :-()

Post #9 Chucky -
"On the good side of the fence Dave the bitch is distracted from the super preamp again temprarilly designing the SUPER MINI PREAMP in a surround master case. "

Post #14 Chucky -
"It's a phono plus all the usual ins and outs like CD and optical etc. Dunno about digital out. Let's all keep in mind the price tag."

Post #15 Dave -
"Being a stereo preamp with a dsp....hmm"

Post #24 Dave -
"This particular product is the preamp, which is stereo anyway, so toslink would do as the digital output."

Not exatcly a direct answer but I think this is indirectly relevant:

Back