Apple Joining the Atmos streaming game!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The bitrate would be nice to know
Using the Marantz Android app on my mobile it says it's Atmos at 48kHz.
Work is finally over and I'm listening to Pepper in Atmos. I can confirm that the low volume issue is not present (I didn't change any config on my Apple TV) and fidelity is better than Tidal's. The Atmos mix is more discreet than the 5.1 but still a bit disappointing, not comparable at all with Abbey Road. But don't get me wrong it's freaking Pepper in Atmos!

Using the Marantz Android app on my mobile it says it's Atmos at 48kHz.
Work is finally over and I'm listening to Pepper in Atmos. I can confirm that the low volume issue is not present (I didn't change any config on my Apple TV) and fidelity is better than Tidal's. The Atmos mix is more discreet than the 5.1 but still a bit disappointing, not comparable at all with Abbey Road. But don't get me wrong it's freaking Pepper in Atmos!
Jep. Listened to it also. It‘s a bit thin and Day in the life is stereo only.

Jep. Listened to it also. It‘s a bit thin and Day in the life is stereo only.
For the Benefit of Mr Kite is great fun in Atmos though. I've stopped mid album to browse whatever else is here it Atmos. Wildflowers and all the Rest is also here (although not tagged as Atmos) and I'm floored by this one. I was familiar with the Tidal mix but the sound quality in Apple Music is stunning.

What drives me crazy is that Apple TV search engine is as bad as Tidal's. There are full albums in Atmos that do not appear in the Spatial Audio site (Pepper, Wildflowers, Plastic Ono...) and it's a matter of trial and error to find them. And there are some albums that have some songs in Atmos and other in stereo, all under the same album (Rush 2112 for example)

Back