Apple Joining the Atmos streaming game!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am looking at that playlist and it doesn’t have November Rain, What It Takes, Won’t Get Fooled Again or Knockin on Heavens Door.

Also didn’t someone say that Tidal or Amazon had Coldplay Everyday Life in Atmos? I don’t see that on Apple either.
It’s so weird now those 4 have disappeared…😢 maybe they were released early and someone quickly caught it? Argh!

It’s so weird now those 4 have disappeared…😢 maybe they were released early and someone quickly caught it? Argh!
That’s a bummer. I was looking forward to hearing WGFA!

I notice all the Apple playlists are capped at 100 songs. Wondering why they don’t have a searchable master list of Atmos tracks...or am I missing something?

That’s a bummer. I was looking forward to hearing WGFA!

I notice all the Apple playlists are capped at 100 songs. Wondering why they don’t have a searchable master list of Atmos tracks...or am I missing something?
Yes I’m still kinda figuring out their structure. I haven’t really looked at other playlists so don’t know if they are capped at 100 or if this is just the opening salvo of content and we just need to be patient for more. 😂

Also noting that some of the tracks in their Atmos playlists are NOT playing in Atmos on my system. Tom Sawyer for example. i expected some growing pains with a new launch, guess this par for the course.
Yeah I noticed that as I’m scrolling right, all of a sudden in the top middle it changes from Spatial Audio to “suggested tracks” and what’s weird is that the Dolby Atmos logo will still be there at the bottom right but the songs play 2.0 and that threw me off last night too.

Yes I’m still kinda figuring out their structure. I haven’t really looked at other playlists so don’t know if they are capped at 100 or if this is just the opening salvo of content and we just need to be patient for more. 😂
I'm wondering if it's all part of initial roll-out research and adjustments they're making on-the-fly; probably be all sorted out in about a month. I'll be getting one myself but still researching the best AVR to get.

:rocks

So far, as several hours have passed, I've been noticing that Apple is loading more and more music into the spatial/Atmos categories. Several stand outs that I've not seen on Tidal include: November Rain, What It Takes, Won't Get Fooled Again, Separate Ways, Knockin' On Heavens Door (GnR), Bad Case of Loving You, Every Rose Has Its Thorn, Smooth Criminal, Rock and Roll All Nite, What's Up....in the rock playlist...https://music.apple.com/us/playlist/rock-in-spatial-audio/pl.a82d7ac0ee854d8b8a95708c76210023

So Take it easy is on that playlist and when I click on that album that song has a star next to it. I don't have an appletv 4k yet so I can't test it but am I correct in assuming that every song on that album that has a star next to it means that song is a atmos song? If not, what does the star mean?

1623257519520.png

So Take it easy is on that playlist and when I click on that album that song has a star next to it. I don't have an appletv 4k yet so I can't test it but am I correct in assuming that every song on that album that has a star next to it means that song is a atmos song? If not, what does the star mean?

View attachment 67850
Good question

View attachment 67850
Not really, the * just means a track is "popular"

View attachment 67850
what else does it say when you hit ...more in the comments?

what else does it say when you hit ...more in the comments?

I'm viewing it on a Win 7 computer and I don't see "comments" anywhere? I can only click on "preview" and a right-click only gives me a "share"?

If I click on "more" it says "This release includes content in Spatial Audio with Dolby Atmos", is that what you mean? There's other songs on that playlist and when I click on that album there either is no "more" button or the more button doesn't mention atmos for that album (even though that one song will be atmos)?

What I'm saying is how do I find which songs are in atmos on a particular album?

Last edited:
I'm viewing it on a Win 7 computer and I don't see "comments" anywhere? I can only click on "preview" and a right-click only gives me a "share"?

If I click on "more" it says "This release includes content in Spatial Audio with Dolby Atmos", is that what you mean? There's other songs on that playlist and when I click on that album there either is no "more" button or the more button doesn't mention atmos for that album (even though that one song will be atmos)?

What I'm saying is how do I find which songs are in atmos on a particular album?
For now, trial and error by playing them... Sadly that's the only way to know at the moment

Spatial Audio uses Dolby Atmos, your Focusrite does not understand Dolby Atmos so that's why everything is in stereo

My Focusrite doesn't understand MP3, M4A, FLAC, ALAC, WAV, Ogg Vorbis, DSD, AC3, DTS, DTS HD Master Audio, or any other format I play on the Mac, either. The Focusrite is not the issue.

Here's the window that pops up on my Win. 10 computer from the comments (more); I just assume that it means all the songs on this title, if not then they still have lots of work to do and aren't quite ready for prime time yet, that's why I'm not in any hurry.

APPLE ATMOS.jpg

OK, here's another thing I tried, if you just search in theie search box something like "The Beatles Atmos" nothing comes up -they need to have it searchable IMO.

But if you go to Browse on the left and then to Rock Genre you'll see songs. I then opened a new window for just that album and it appears that the asterisk may indeed mean Atmos as that's the only song with an asterisk is Renegade.

ROCK ATMOS STYX.jpg

STYX ATMOS.jpg

Here's the window that pops up on my Win. 10 computer from the comments (more); I just assume that it means all the songs on this title, if not then they still have lots of work to do and aren't quite ready for prime time yet, that's why I'm not in any hurry.

View attachment 67852

What’s interesting about this, is that the Blu Ray disc wasn’t in Dolby Atmos.

Back