George Harrison's "All Things Must Pass" (5.1 & Dolby Atmos remixes coming soon!!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just make a search for artist (George Harrison) and select ATMP album 50th anniversary. Click on play and it goes directly to the single
Thanks wasn’t here this morning and not in Rock either

also it’s the only song that is playable at the moment…I’m surprised they actually released 1 cut so soon….sounds very good compared to previous versions

and wow how deep this song is in meaning… that’s why it’s one of my fave of all time albums all the songs are mostly that way

Last edited:
Are you absolutly sure that there was no remixing done (in 2000)? I recall Harrison's comments a bit differently. I recall him stating that he remixed some of the tracks and was very tempted to do them all, but used restraint. Then I heard a very different mix of "My Sweet Lord" and that convinced me that there was indeed some remixing going on.

I have the latest Unversal/Capitol UHQ~CD MQA encoded version [release date: December 2018] of ALL THINGS MUST PASS which is now OOP and was struck by the two reviews on the CDJapan website.

Customer Reviews
all things must pass 5
better than the rest. less wall of sound and reverb (aka phil spector.) if you love the album this is the best. to my taste. more treble, more separated, more defined. instruments much better, vocal a little better. you need the mqa decoder to get the extra punch and definition. phil

2020/02/10 [email protected] UNITED STATESMassive Difference 5
I did an A/B comparison between this and the HD files from HD Tracks and for what ever reason each instrument sounds separated as if the band is playing live. The other version seems to have the instruments too blended together. Well done MQA..

2019/01/24 Robbo AUSTRALIA

Last edited:
I have the latest Unversal/Capitol UHD~CD MQA encoded version [release date: December 2018] of ALL THINGS MUST PASS which is now OOP and was struck by the two reviews on the CDJapan website.

Customer Reviews
all things must pass 5
better than the rest. less wall of sound and reverb (aka phil spector.) if you love the album this is the best. to my taste. more treble, more separated, more defined. instruments much better, vocal a little better. you need the mqa decoder to get the extra punch and definition. phil

I did an A/B comparison between this and the HD files from HD Tracks and for what ever reason each instrument sounds separated as if the band is playing live. The other version seems to have the instruments too blended together. Well done MQA..

The source for this CD is the 2014 remaster of the original mix.

The clips of the stereo remix sort of sounds to me like what ATMP would sound like if it was mixed by Jeff Lynne instead of Phil Spector.

From what I heard, it might “sound” better, but it‘s not better IMO.

Does Bull Moose usually get the products? Their site has the following message under the Buy New button.

Pre-Order. We will try to get it for you.

That's what their site always says for an item that has yet to be released. Buy with confidence. I've never had a problem with them. Free shipping and no sales tax (unless you live in NH or ME). They also have excellent customer service and it's real easy to cancel an order if you find a better price before release date.

LMAO! You all freaking out. My order is solid, and will remain. 😍

Join us on the dark side of the moose! 🤪

no-moon.jpg

Run of the Mill is already available in Atmos in Apple Music. And it's too late for me here to play it aloud. Please somebody play it for me and comment on the mix :cool:
Edit: I could not resist the temptation and played it at very low volume. And bad news, rears and heights seem to be a carbon copy of the fronts. It may sound fine at a decent volume, but forget about a discreet mix.

Seems to me like listening off of streaming is not the best way to judge the true quality of this mix.
I'm very skeptical about the truly discrete nature of Dolby Atmos in the streaming world, but maybe someone else can enlighten me in terms of how good it really is...

I have the latest Unversal/Capitol UHQ~CD MQA encoded version [release date: December 2018] of ALL THINGS MUST PASS which is now OOP and was struck by the two reviews on the CDJapan website.

Customer Reviews
all things must pass 5

Yeah, I have the HDTRACKS version which I also was not impressed by.

I assume that the reviewer “phil“ is not Spector.

I'm very skeptical about the truly discrete nature of Dolby Atmos in the streaming world, but maybe someone else can enlighten me in terms of how good it really is...

I thought the only difference between streaming atmos and atmos off of a physical disc is the bitrate? Apple fixed the DialNorm issue that Tidal has so that's not an issue.

IOW, I'm pretty sure it's the exact same mix and metadata on both the stream and the physical disc, it's not like streaming is limited in terms of discreetness, just bandwidth.

Thanks. I pre-ordered and it came to $120 including Governor Murphy's vig. Yeah, maybe those who wait can get a better deal, but I really liked George and don't mind bolstering up his struggling estate. ;)
I did the same. I suppose our higher taxes are why our roads are so pristine here in The Garden State?! 🤪

Seems to me like listening off of streaming is not the best way to judge the true quality of this mix.
I compared the Yello Point disc against Apple streaming. I would say you could not hear a difference in a blind test here.

Hey @musicmemorabiliashoppellc ! I stand corrected. The Apple Jam IS in 5.1 surround. It would be grand if the mix has us sitting with the band playing all around us.

On the new CD, the Apple Jam tracks are 'original stereo remastered', rather than remixes. Based on that I would assume that they don't have multitrack versions of the jams. So surround mixes would be upmixes. I have no evidence for this and I hope I am wrong. My guess is just based on the fact that if they remixed the main album in stereo it seems likely they would have remixed the jams if they could.

Back