George Harrison's "All Things Must Pass" (5.1 & Dolby Atmos remixes coming soon!!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I listened again to the Atmos Run of the Mill, at a proper volume. And I confirm what I heard yesterday: not a discreet mix at all. In terms of fidelity and mastering I must admit if sounds excellent, miles ahead the previous stereo mixes we are familiar with.
I will decide whether or not purchase the box after I listen to all of it in Apple Music and read your reviews, but to me this is another example of buyers beware (average mix on an overprint box). I hope I'm proven wrong on August 6th)

On the new CD, the Apple Jam tracks are 'original stereo remastered', rather than remixes. Based on that I would assume that they don't have multitrack versions of the jams. So surround mixes would be upmixes. I have no evidence for this and I hope I am wrong. My guess is just based on the fact that if they remixed the main album in stereo it seems likely they would have remixed the jams if they could.
Just to be more PRECISE….the APPLE JAMS on the BR disc are in 5.2/Atmos…. as far as the CD is probably a different story and you are probably correct if that’s what you meant

That's what their site always says for an item that has yet to be released. Buy with confidence. I've never had a problem with them. Free shipping and no sales tax (unless you live in NH or ME). They also have excellent customer service and it's real easy to cancel an order if you find a better price before release date.
The only time I had an issue with Bull Moose (and it was not their fault) was with my order for Ultravox Vienna, which was hard to get at the time as it seemed to be sold out before release. Bull Moose alerted me in advance that they could not get the item, and THEY offered to cancel my order. Their Policies and customer service are second to none. They have great prices, they do not charge your card until the order is shipped, they do not charge tax (or at least itemize it), Free Shipping over $35.00, they give you points towards future purchases, and have a super no hassle cancelation policy.

Well, it's only the Run on the Mill single, also released today as a video. Although I would need to play it loud tomorrow, I'm so disappointed with the mix that I cancelled the pre-order. Although I love the album, price is too high for a CD sized box with what looks like a small booklet.
I'll wait and listen to the whole album on release date on Apple Music and then I may wait until a more decent price pops up somewhere.
I’m hoping it’s not a CD SIZED BOX…it would be nice if we could get a dimensional measurement of this like we got on the UBER edition

I’m hoping it’s not a CD SIZED BOX…it would be nice if we could get a dimensional measurement of this like we got on the UBER edition

Well, it seems I've been wrong twice now, (Thinking Apple Jam wasn't in surround; and not realizing that the pewter color gnomes were actually plastic), so I might as well go for three strikes: Looking at a blow up shot of the SDE, it appears that the poster is folded in six spots. So I'd say that it is a CD sized box.
Screen Shot 2021-06-11 at 9.14.21 AM.jpg

Well, it seems I've been wrong twice now, (Thinking Apple Jam wasn't in surround; and not realizing that the pewter color gnomes were actually plastic), so I might as well go for three strikes: Looking at a blow up shot of the SDE, it appears that the poster is folded in six spots. So I'd say that it is a CD sized box.View attachment 67936
I’ve never been one to change a purchase decision based on packaging and that remains the case. Nevertheless, this feels like a bad decision. This album was a grand statement and the original LP was itself a deluxe package that peerless among Beatles solo releases.

This deserved at least something along the lines of the Lennon 10” sets. This form factor is diminishing. Maybe if retail music weren’t basically a dead thing and this had to live on shelves where it had to compete with its peers then they’d have sprung for at least a larger footprint even if the final product weren’t much more robust.

Despite what I just typed (and the annoyed impulse to post), it doesn’t dampen my enthusiasm. Harrison’s Early Takes, Volume Only remains my most listened to archival release from the ex-Beatle archives and it has probably the least considered packaging possible. It’ll be an asterisk compared to two days’ studio demos, alternate takes, and a remix — that even if it may fall short (ditto ATMOS) — that gives my ears a fresh listen. But, man, what a short-sighted asterisk.

Well, it seems I've been wrong twice now, (Thinking Apple Jam wasn't in surround; and not realizing that the pewter color gnomes were actually plastic), so I might as well go for three strikes: Looking at a blow up shot of the SDE, it appears that the poster is folded in six spots. So I'd say that it is a CD sized box.View attachment 67936
But if you take a look and compare where the folds would be on the picture for the 3LP set they are the same…. So I’m not quite sure… that’s why it would be great to verify the size dimensions of the SDE set

But if you take a look and compare where the folds would be on the picture for the 3LP set they are the same…. So I’m not quite sure… that’s why it would be great to verify the size dimensions of the SDE set

Amazon is stating this for :
All Things Must Pass (50th Anniversary - Super Deluxe)
Box Set

• Product Dimensions : 19.6 x 4 x 19.8 cm; 671.32 Grams

Amazon is stating this for :
All Things Must Pass (50th Anniversary - Super Deluxe)
Box Set

• Product Dimensions : 19.6 x 4 x 19.8 cm; 671.32 Grams
Such a shame that the format is a CD sized case!!! 😭😭

Even though I don’t have a problem reading small print…the book in LP size or at least book sized edition would have been much appreciated

Such a shame that the format is a CD sized case!!! 😭😭

Why? You can get the one with LPs and then you have it the size you want it. I have no more room in my office, 50% (for real) is boxed sets and DVD cases. I'm going for this miniature version. Especially since I have the original album too...

Back