Beatles "Let It Be" (5.1 surround & Dolby Atmos mixes out in October!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://www.thebeatles.com/
There's news! Mark your calendars, folks. Nov 25-27 through Disney +
Pros: We're getting more than 6 hours of footage!
Cons: Not in a physical format (or at least for now...)

https://www.thebeatles.com/news/“-b...ries-directed-peter-jackson-debut-exclusively
That's still waaayyy out there! Didn't see anything about physical Audio or Video discs yet, probably just in time for Xmas then. And I hope Disney+ doesn't want to charge extra for the movie; they'll charge the basic fee and then for special releases they charge extra, like $29.99 when Mulan came out :rolleyes:

I'm guessing we can now expect the "Let It Be" audio box set to be released in the Fall to coincide with the series' premiere on Disney+
While I'm kinda gutted that I'll have to wait a few more months to see it (and also gutted that it will not be released in theaters as originally planned) the fact that they increased the full run time from 2 to 6 hours is incredible!!!

What a year to be a Beatles fan!
The "Plastic Ono Band" set in April
The "All Things Must Pass" set in August
The "Get Back" film (and also presumably the "Let It Be" set) in November

Now it's Paul's turn! I say it'll be "London Town" and "Back to the Egg" Archive Collection editions

:)

Well, there’s a Ton of TV shows I’ll probably never get to because of all these TV apps. I first cut the cord about 6 years ago. I’ve stuck with YouTube TV because of unlimited cloud storage. I also pay an extra $12 bucks a month for YouTube, for no commercials and YouTube music included.

I don’t mind subscribing to Disney+ for a month to watch it. There might be some free promotions possibly. I’m a huge Beatles fan and have owned a stereo copy of the “Get Back” record since 1969. I also believe that Peter Jackson could not be more perfect to have for this version of the movie. He’s a great Director I respect. I also like that according to the Variety article, he avoided using any of the original “Let It Be” footage so that the original can stand on its own. I want to see that version again.

I still have mixed feelings about “Let it Be,” having lived through the entire career of the Beatles in the 1960s. When a new Beatles record came out, your mind was blown, and life was changed forever. But by 1970, the game seemed to be up. I mean, what the hell, you announce to the world in May 1970 that the Beatles broke up, but then release a Beatles movie and record we’re supposed to buy, and as fans we’re upset and confused - and then the title of this is Let it Be? Like we’re also supposed to be okay with it all. Just felt weird. That’s because we didn’t know what was going on behind the scenes. Nevertheless, I loved the original Beatles record and movie of “Let It Be.” Wonderful stuff. You had to accept it for what it was, and ignore what it wasn’t. I had the “Get Back” bootleg almost a year before Let It Be, so most of the songs were familiar, along with the official Beatles singles released before the movie. Besides, we’re all young, and certainly the Beatles will get back together again and do something crazy good.

In the mid-late 1970s, I was able to get all sorts of Beatles bootleg records and rare official rarities, such as the “Let It Be” English import that had the thick book and packaging like a box set. Between the book and the bootlegs, it gave me a greater appreciation of the overall project. So, I’m looking forward to what we’re going to get here.

What an absolute bunch of bullshit. Not subscribing to Disney + for anything.
This will be the first time in my life I don't jump through hoops for access to Beatles product. I will not subscribe to Disney+.

I doubt that I too would subscribe to Disney+ if I did not already have it. It seems quite insane that these streaming companies expect people to subscribe simply because one has content which another doesn't. Netflix, Hulu, HBO Max, Paramount+, Disney+, etc. There are simply too many of them.

You have to wonder how long it will be until the music streaming companies go the same exclusivity route. For example, "You want to hear Artist A's catalog? Well then you've got to subscribe to Apple Music." (Go ahead, tell me that they are already doing it! :rolleyes:)

It’s really easy to subscribe to a streaming service and then unsubscribe as soon as you’ve watched everything you wanted. I do this all the time! The price for a month is less than a ticket to the movies, there’s no obligation to subscribe for several month, it’s a no brainer.

Yes, the Achilles heel for all these TV apps is most people don’t care or have the time to watch everything. So when the last season of “Game of Thrones” was on HBO, I ignored it and watched something else. Then a free trial to HBO was offered. I was able to watch all the GOT episodes no problem.

Of course, if there’s something I really like, all they need to do is put it on disc and they get my money. Because I want something tangible to hold in my hard that won’t go away.

Back