Listening to ... in "Synthesized Surround" in 5.0 (sans SubWoofer)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a beauty from 1962 ( I just get a HUUUGE kick from pressing from before I was born!!!!)
Extremely lyrical and almst "soppy" Symphony from Piotr....I guess this was a BIG deal back then.....GREAT pressing too!!! ..one of those recycling stores....
I am sure it will be lovely once I ClickRepair it...
R-4246983-1359678125-5376.jpeg.jpg
The Tchaikovsky Symphony No. 7 is rarely recorded or performed! : ( I only know of two recordings of it. It is a fantastic work. Short and sweet. I have this album and also the original Pre-Recorded Reel to Reel. The reel was still sealed when I found it a few years ago. I don't know why they never issued this on Compact Disc.

'Worlds Apart' now there's an album that would be fun to remake in surround - probably not the budget to do it, even if the multitracks still exist!!
Whoa!
Thank you for support!
Big fan of your MCH remixes, got all of them...
MAYBE, just maybe your involvement might inspire the band to do it, they are still quite active (I saw them in Munich in 2017 and they were still as good or better than back then) and I am sure there is enough of a fan base to consider it.

April Wine - Harder Faster (or any of their classic albums) would be another one that would just be super to reissue with a surround mix. Oh boy, I can dream, right?

hoy son 20 años que mi querida madre nos dejó...
Gracias Mami por todo y especialmente por no poder escuchar este album sin llorar como una Magdalena....a la verdad que es una obra de arte....¡te amo!

R-3667740-1362471863-3372.jpeg.jpg

'Worlds Apart' now there's an album that would be fun to remake in surround - probably not the budget to do it, even if the multitracks still exist!!
If anything should happen in that regard, I'd strongly push for not just remaking a single album in surround, but also the Chapters as a complete series... crossfading those and making them into a more consistent sonic experience would be the greatest gift ever to Saga fans. But then again, their reissue strategies have rarely made any sense to me, so many obvious bonus tracks missing even from the current remaster series and no vintage live material in sight. :rolleyes:
There is a 5.1 of their album Network, done by Jim Crichton himself, so it's not like they don't like the format...

Holy moley... I LOVE Foobar's "upmix to 5.1" option.. and I am running it from a Mac, where Foobar is an extremely simple program without all its bells and whistles from Windoze...
Had never heard this album and it's a quite pleasant surprise!
And it decodes incredibly on Foobar....
So great to hear Brad's wonderful voice again..
Zw.jpeg

I'll say it again, I love the Foobar upmix to 5.1 feature (I can't wait to get my hands on a Surround Master V3, but probably by the time I get it it's gonna be V55!!!)...a minty LP I ripped in Madrid in 2017 with the hype sticker and IIRC featuring the label of the Moody Blues' "The other side of life"
MC0zMjE3LmpwZWc.jpeg

Since I just installed a new system, you have to go back to "reference" albums which gave me the PERFECT EXCUSE to go back to this jewel...
Playing it thru (Mac=BASIC) Foobar 2000 with a bit of EQ and the "upmix to 5.1" option and debating between ...
The SACD
OC5qcGVn.jpeg

the Wally original cut
MC00MDgxLmpwZWc.jpeg

OR the super clean Original Japanese pressing...they ALL have their plus and not many cons.. if any...maybe VERY VERY light IGD on the slabs...
MC01NzUwLmpwZWc.jpeg

Since I just installed a new system, you have to go back to "reference" albums which gave me the PERFECT EXCUSE to go back to this jewel...
Playing it thru (Mac=BASIC) Foobar 2000 with a bit of EQ and the "upmix to 5.1" option and debating between ...
The SACD
OC5qcGVn.jpeg

the Wally original cut
MC00MDgxLmpwZWc.jpeg

OR the super clean Original Japanese pressing...they ALL have their plus and not many cons.. if any...maybe VERY VERY light IGD on the slabs...
MC01NzUwLmpwZWc.jpeg
A new system is the perfect reason to “go back.” Revisiting favorites in your collection is a wonderful rabbit hole to go down!

Back