Jethro Tull 5.1 ("Broadsword & The Beast" box set with Steven Wilson 5.1 mixes out in September 2023!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope there are more Tull 5.1 releases coming. My favourites so far are Thick As A Brick, Passion Play. Songs From The Wood was an album that I adnt been familiar with but the music and the surround on it excellent.
Hoping for Broadsword & The Beast
Broadsword is expected to trash 'A', eh. ⏰ I am your neighbour. I seem most respectable...

I hope there are more Tull 5.1 releases coming. My favourites so far are Thick As A Brick, Passion Play. Songs From The Wood was an album that I adnt been familiar with but the music and the surround on it excellent.
Hoping for Broadsword & The Beast
Wish I could find Songs From The Wood for less than a bazillion dollars. One of my favorite all time albums and I am simply priced out of getting to experience it in 5.1 due to the exorbitant resale cost on eBay.

Who wants to trade me for my copies of the Japanese multichannel SACDs Eagles-Hotel California and Fleetwood Mac-Rumours? 😁

Wish I could find Songs From The Wood for less than a bazillion dollars. One of my favorite all time albums and I am simply priced out of getting to experience it in 5.1 due to the exorbitant resale cost on eBay.

Who wants to trade me for my copies of the Japanese multichannel SACDs Eagles-Hotel California and Fleetwood Mac-Rumours? 😁

Discogs may have a saner price.

EDIT: I guess not...

WOW!
4 For Sale from CA$290.08 that's almost free in American dollars :coffee:
https://www.discogs.com/Jethro-Tull...sary-Edition-The-Country-Set/release/10331165
https://www.amazon.ca/Songs-Wood-Country-40th-Anniversary/dp/B06XZWT72V
1 New from CDN$ 1,379.36
CD 🤪

I remember selling Songs From The Wood on Ebay...I had to lower the price several times to get rid of it...lost money but I finally sold it...it was only played once...I guess if you wait long enough....everything has value..

I remember selling Songs From The Wood on Ebay...I had to lower the price several times to get rid of it...lost money but I finally sold it...it was only played once...I guess if you wait long enough....everything has value..

In hindsight I should have bought 5 copies of each of these on day 1! I only picked up a few titles and shared others. I figured I'd catch up grabbing used copies or sales or something. I figured these definitive copies with flat transfers of the stereo masters and everything would certainly mean all of the old stepped on copies could never possibly see the light of day ever again. These would simply be the copies that were sold now.

Well, that was about as wrong as can be!

But it's even stupider than that! Two of the titles I borrowed initially were Brick and Passion Play...
You know, the ones I like the most and apparently so does everyone else. Unobtainium now. I screwed up!

Wow

This is better than the stock market.
Well this is sure killing me. You'd think Rhino would take notice and offer up periodic limited runs of the multichannel disc to make some incremental sales. The band and the labels don't earn anything when their limited edition box set is getting jacked up on ebay and keeping more people from the music. But re-release the multichannel for $25 on limited run and they'll easily sell a few thousand copies. Rinse and repeat.

Broadsword? - waiting! ☎
c9I9xAK.jpg

Just got my sealed copy of Stormwatch at a record store in Berkeley this past weekend. Wasn't too ridiculous on price. Was definitely stoked, but am still on the lookout for Songs From the Wood. Also got a nice price on Marillion - Clutching at Straws and Genesis - Genesis (DVD-A). At least for less than what you'll find on ebay. :)

Funny how some of these veteran record stores don't really cater to the multichannel crowd, but they sure do seem to have some nice titles sprinkled into their mass collections. You just gotta dig around for them.

I just read in a news item that , In early 2022 Jethro Tull will release a new album called "The Zealot Gene" .
Don't know yet if it's going to be in surround 5.1 , but you never know as most of hat they seem to be
releasing (so far), have been made available in Surround.

I guess we'll know more the closer it gets to the end of the year , or maybe sooner.

;)

I wouldnt get you your hopes up for a surround version of the new album.
The surround und slbums were from Chrysalis Jethro Tulls previous distributor. The new album is from a different label they have signed with.
Im more worried that it means the end of the surround albums.
I eas hoping for surround versions of Crest of A Knave, Catfish Rising, Broadsword and the Beast etc

I just read in a news item that , In early 2022 Jethro Tull will release a new album called "The Zealot Gene" .
Don't know yet if it's going to be in surround 5.1 , but you never know as most of hat they seem to be
releasing (so far), have been made available in Surround.

I guess we'll know more the closer it gets to the end of the year , or maybe sooner.

;)
Wow. Is Barre back in the fold?

Back