Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Humprof, was your disc pressed in Japan? A few years ago, I was able to buy a few of these Black Jazz discs from ImportCD at extremely sane prices [$12] and I believe this one was QS compatible and it definitely was pressed in Japan with the OBI!
I don't actually have any of the physical discs (of Carn's releases, anyway)--just conversions, variously sourced from a P-Vine reissue, earlier US Black Jazz reissues, and (Revelation) an original QR release from 1973. I think I did manage to get a Japanese Snow Dog reissue of one or two other Black Jazz titles from ImportCDs, though.

Continuing on with disc 3 ....

Harry Nilsson - Harry

1626704276214.png

Tedeschi Trucks Band featuring Trey Anastasio LAYLA REVISITED [LIVE AT LOCKN'] [FANTASY/2 RBCDs] In a Word: SMOKIN' HIGHEST RECOMMENDATION!

Layla Revisited (Live at LOCKN') captures Tedeschi Trucks Band at their incendiary best, together with Phish's renowned guitarist/vocalist Trey Anastasio. Recorded August 24, 2019, the performance of the legendary album in its entirety was kept secret until the moment the band took stage. One listen & it's clear that their surprise performance that night - which included close TTB collaborator Doyle Bramhall II on guitar - meant something special to the fans who were lucky to experience it.

71OKnBr%2B5ZS._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Switching artist....

nick drake - bryter layter

View attachment 69232 View attachment 69233

FYI, A few years ago Nick Drake's FRUIT TREE BOX was on pre~order @ AmazonUK as a 4 disc STEREO SACD release .... but later canceled:

Fruit Tree is a four-disc box set featuring all three of Nick Drake's studio albums (Five Leaves Left, Bryter Layter, Pink Moon) and the rarities collection Time of No Reply. In other words, it contains every known recording Drake made during his brief lifetime, and listening to the set, the depth of his talent becomes abundantly clear. And the four discs are not overkill. The quality of Drake's songs was startlingly high, and anyone who purchases one disc will eventually need the other three albums, making Fruit Tree a logical way to acquire all of the records at once.

FYI, A few years ago Nick Drake's FRUIT TREE BOX was on pre~order @ AmazonUK as a 4 disc STEREO SACD release .... but later canceled:

Fruit Tree is a four-disc box set featuring all three of Nick Drake's studio albums (Five Leaves Left, Bryter Layter, Pink Moon) and the rarities collection Time of No Reply. In other words, it contains every known recording Drake made during his brief lifetime, and listening to the set, the depth of his talent becomes abundantly clear. And the four discs are not overkill. The quality of Drake's songs was startlingly high, and anyone who purchases one disc will eventually need the other three albums, making Fruit Tree a logical way to acquire all of the records at once.
I would like to have his music on SACD.
I have the Tuck Box 5 CD set from 2013 that has his 3 studio albums, plus a fourth disc called "Made To Love Magic" - "the collection of Island-period recordings, out-takes, off cuts, cast-offs, orphans and the last 5 songs Nick recorded for his proposed 4th album. Originally released in 2004 to add to and replace the ‘Time Of No Reply’ compilation."
And finally, a fifth disc called "Family Tree"- "A collection of recordings made before the Island Records period, from a 9 year old Nick playing Mozart through to spoken word pieces, early songs, cover versions and demos recorded to secure his contract, as well as two recordings by his mother Molly Drake perhaps written in response to her son (Originally released in 2007)."

https://superdeluxeedition.com/news/nick-drake-tuck-box-5cd-box-set/
Nick Drake - Tuck Box
1626813286832.png 1626813313464.png 1626813337434.png 1626813595490.png

Made To Love Magic
1626813375452.png 1626813410154.png

Family Tree
1626813429602.png 1626813455209.png

Ok, switching gears now,

Nick Drake - Five Leaves Left

View attachment 69208 View attachment 69209
as per my experience that early pressings are the best source, especially when the masters are nowhere to be found, I heard a rip from someone (bless his soul) who ripped a minty 1st pressing of this which is the best ever version of this I have ever heard... all of the re re re re issues I have heard of this suffer from a LOT of distortion; I know cause I have this on MANY CDs and LP reissues...they should release the rip as the official version...

Reactions: GOS
Back