Snood need your opinion on this Emotiva preamp & amp for sale listing near me

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snood

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Staff member
So yeah dude has these both for 400 :unsure: Seems like a decent deal - not too familiar with Emotiva (read a little of the reviews) - here are his words in the listing:

Emotiva UPA-700 - 7-channel amplifier Emotiva UMC-200 - Home theater surround pre-amp / tuner This is a two piece Emotiva home theater surround system with a pre-amp/tuner and amplifier that can be used for either a 5.1 or 7.1 set-up.

I used five of the seven channels for a 5.1 set-up (2 front speakers, 1 center speaker, 2 rear speakers and a subwoofer) and I used the other two channels to power my two rear porch speakers. The equipment is in very good condition overall and sounds great! The only problem is that you have to manually turn the amplifier on and off. The remote used to turn on both amp & preamp, but now the amp needs to be turned on and off with a press of the front panel button. Inconvenient, but doable. And I believe this is the reason the tiny blue LEDs on the amp's panels are also no longer functioning. But again...all 7 channels of the amp work fine and there are no problems with the remote or preamp.

This is a great system that delivers high-end surround sound for your home theater at an affordable price! My price of $400 is firm and I am not considering lower offers. These come with their original boxes, manuals and connection wiring.

Soooooooooooooo me again......thoughts?? Comps on Ebay for both are about 400-550 for the AMP and 300-400 for the pre amp :unsure: The remote not working on the power seems like a small thing. Not sure what he is meaning by the LEDS on the amps panel though.

So yeah your opinions are appreciated and thank you :LB

So yeah dude has these both for 400 :unsure: Seems like a decent deal - not too familiar with Emotiva (read a little of the reviews) - here are his words in the listing:

Emotiva UPA-700 - 7-channel amplifier Emotiva UMC-200 - Home theater surround pre-amp / tuner This is a two piece Emotiva home theater surround system with a pre-amp/tuner and amplifier that can be used for either a 5.1 or 7.1 set-up.

I used five of the seven channels for a 5.1 set-up (2 front speakers, 1 center speaker, 2 rear speakers and a subwoofer) and I used the other two channels to power my two rear porch speakers. The equipment is in very good condition overall and sounds great! The only problem is that you have to manually turn the amplifier on and off. The remote used to turn on both amp & preamp, but now the amp needs to be turned on and off with a press of the front panel button. Inconvenient, but doable. And I believe this is the reason the tiny blue LEDs on the amp's panels are also no longer functioning. But again...all 7 channels of the amp work fine and there are no problems with the remote or preamp.

This is a great system that delivers high-end surround sound for your home theater at an affordable price! My price of $400 is firm and I am not considering lower offers. These come with their original boxes, manuals and connection wiring.

Soooooooooooooo me again......thoughts?? Comps on Ebay for both are about 400-550 for the AMP and 300-400 for the pre amp :unsure: The remote not working on the power seems like a small thing. Not sure what he is meaning by the LEDS on the amps panel though.

So yeah your opinions are appreciated and thank you :LB
I don't own Emotiva but respect much about it. Beware about gear that relies on heavily on remote control. If something like that goes buggy It's pretty major. See: Fosgate Model 5 or Proton 2000.

Yeah he says the ON/OFF has to be done manually and the channel LEDS showing CH1 CH2 etc do not glow anymore but all the channels work. :unsure:

Soooo....is this in your area? You can do a Snoodly check out?
Don't you find most of your best stuff at garage sales?

Yes Yes Yes and facebook market or Nextdoor buys :LB I was just chatting with the guy on facebook chat.....told him Id ponder and save it - it has been up 3 days and no takers so maybe he contacts me with an offer later if it does not sell.

Sounds fishy to me. Like a large repair bill hiding behind those non-operative leds and manual on/off.

Yeah a concern there - seems like one of us he just upgraded to Atmos and had to wire in attic and under his house and holes everywhere.....he said he spent way too much but loves it.

Yeah is a concern that 2 things are gone and maybe a cascade of more to come :rolleyes: - I doubt I will jump at the 400 - at 300 i might dive in. :SB

Yes Yes Yes and facebook market or Nextdoor buys :LB I was just chatting with the guy on facebook chat.....told him Id ponder and save it - it has been up 3 days and no takers so maybe he contacts me with an offer later if it does not sell.

Yeah a concern there - seems like one of us he just upgraded to Atmos and had to wire in attic and under his house and holes everywhere.....he said he spent way too much but loves it.

Yeah is a concern that 2 things are gone and maybe a cascade of more to come :rolleyes: - I doubt I will jump at the 400 - at 300 i might dive in. :SB
offer $275, and bargain up to $300, he might bite ya never know.

The only caveat, Snood. The HDMI technology would preclude you from passing either 3D or most certainly 4K to your TV Monitor. You can always get around that by plugging your HDMI from your player directly into a 4K monitor [whch I actually prefer] and plug a second HDMI out from player [IF available] into the Emotiva pre~pro!

And this would be an opportune time to 'drag' your shiny new OPPO 205 out of its crisp packing and GET BUSY. For $400 a great bargain and you could always phone EMOTIVA and enquire about cost for any repairs should the occasion arise.

I recently watched @edisonbaggins life in surround deep purple review and i think he uses emotiva amps (specs mentioned around 6:45 into the video) you may want to ask him

Deep Purple - Machine Head
US Quad vs. UK Quad vs. 5.1 Mixes Compared

So many QQers to thank this time! Photos, rips, even the generous gift of an OOP treasure. I'll bundle you all together to protect the innocent:
@Quad Linda @JonUrban @leefarber @Beefalo and @sjcorne
Thanks very much and I hope you enjoy, everyone.

Last edited:
Back