New Robert Fripp / The Grid 'Leviathan' CD/DVD-A

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1625504695463.jpeg

I found it a total snoozer, until the last few songs....which then picks up.

1625504622643.jpeg
1625504643699.jpeg

I need to start looking for some of these titles. :)

Hey Gene, you may want to skip the Fripp/Eno titles too then.... Very similar style of layered, looping electronics. Nothing here to get you up moving or cleaning the house! Just a heads up, definitely a try before you buy type of thing...

View attachment 68711

View attachment 68709 View attachment 68710

Hey Gene, you may want to skip the Fripp/Eno titles too then.... Very similar style of layered, looping electronics. Nothing here to get you up moving or cleaning the house! Just a heads up, definitely a try before you buy type of thing...

I have loved EVENING STAR ever since it came out on vinyl. Very relaxing and meditative -- and the title track is beautiful. And yes, on vinyl I would play it at different speeds, depending on my mood!

The Fripp has arrived, but I haven't listened to it yet -- lots of new music arrived lately :rocks .

I have loved EVENING STAR ever since it came out on vinyl. Very relaxing and meditative -- and the title track is beautiful. And yes, on vinyl I would play it at different speeds, depending on my mood!

The Fripp has arrived, but I haven't listened to it yet -- lots of new music arrived lately :rocks .
I'm really liking the new Leviathan disc and we finally get some Frippertronics in 5.1 ! I think the disc has some great sounding synth sounds, very pretty, rounded, soft sounding ...very nice. I think you'll love it too then....

I was a big Fripp fan and bought everything I could find of his up thru the late 80's but I didn't continue on in the 90's. I loved the early albums with Eno along with his solo God Save The Queen/Under Heavy Manners and Let the Power Fall albums but I haven't listened to them in many years now... I still have all of those old vinyl albums though.

1625575766987.png 1625575800642.png

I'm not familiar with "The Grid" but I liked what I heard. I've looked them up and have put "Evolver" on my list to check out now...

The first track is a classic chill Fripp soundscape. Welcome to hear in quad even if there aren't a lot of obvious discrete elements and motion. Then this stuff that sounds like hitting the percussion demo button on a Casio keyboard starts up. Is that "The Grid"? It's like trying to listen to some of Fripp's soundscapes with a stock click track chirping along with it. Juvenile. I might revisit the first track.

On first listen I have found this to be a lovely album, filled with gorgeous soundscapes and interesting electronic rhythms when they appear, all within a satisfying 5.1 context. I think The Grid have been very respectful of Fripp's art, and have added something special to it themselves.

And I fully expect, with each listen, more elements will emerge.

Great to see that this is a real DVD-A/V containing lossless stereo and lossless surround sound. Thumbs up.(y)
The video content is in LPCM + DTS.
This should be standard and AC3 banned for any (music) DVD.
And it's a great album. I love it.

Back