Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ella Fitzgerald THE LOST BERLIN TAPES [Verve/Stereo RBCD] On March 25, 1962, Ella Fitzgerald returned to Berlin, the scene of one of her greatest recorded triumphs, the Grammy Award winning Mack The Knife: Ella in Berlin. What wasn't known, until NOW, is that this sublime concert was recorded and that the master tapes remained sealed, unopened in their box for 58 years!

81U4rYRKXTL._SL1200_.jpg
81%2BspYZkBFL._SL1200_.jpg

Ella Fitzgerald THE LOST BERLIN TAPES [Verve/Stereo RBCD] On March 25, 1962, Ella Fitzgerald returned to Berlin, the scene of one of her greatest recorded triumphs, the Grammy Award winning Mack The Knife: Ella in Berlin. What wasn't known, until NOW, is that this sublime concert was recorded and that the master tapes remained sealed, unopened in their box for 58 years!

81U4rYRKXTL._SL1200_.jpg
81%2BspYZkBFL._SL1200_.jpg
My late father would have been rushing down to the record shop to get this, he loved her music.

This one is LUSTY on LP!! Ouch!
yes it is !! a fantastic album
Not one of my favorite albums by Heart. It’s felt by the Fisher Brothers absence, but the Wilson Sisters rebounded with Private Audition, an underrated album. Stand-out tracks are Down On Me, Rockin’ Heaven Down (for the layered guitar sound on the second half of the song) and the bonus track on the 2004 deluxe edition, Jackleg Man. Strange Night is almost as good, too. Even with its early 80’s sound and uneveness, plus bad production, I’d rate Passionworks above it.

Not one of my favorite albums by Heart. It’s felt by the Fisher Brothers absence, but the Wilson Sisters rebounded with Private Audition, an underrated album. Stand-out tracks are Down On Me, Rockin’ Heaven Down (for the layered guitar sound on the second half of the song) and the bonus track on the 2004 deluxe edition, Jackleg Man. Strange Night is almost as good, too. Even with its early 80’s sound and uneveness, plus bad production, I’d rate Passionworks above it.

My opinion is opposite. Yes - it was a new sound and new band ( sorta ) - but it had a nice 'earthy' production, and great songs. My fav Heart is still Little Queen then Dog and Butterfly

Last edited:
"The Strange Remain" by The Other Ones. Grateful Dead minus Jerry plus Steve Kimock.

A sample cut ...

"My mind was wanderin' like the wild geese in the West..."

Back