Loreena McKennitt - The Visit - 5.1 and Atmos BluRay

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In addition to celebrating 30 years, The Visit: The Definitive Edition marks Loreena’s first-ever surround sound mixes, bringing listeners a whole new, sophisticated and enhanced experience.

The anniversary package includes a Blu-ray audio disc with the original recording rendered in Dolby Atmos®, 5.1 surround sound and a hi-res stereo version.

For customers without a Blu-ray player and sound system, a binaural headphone mix of the original recording can be found on disc four and enjoyed through a standard CD player. These binaural mixes offer listeners a similar experience to surround sound, using stereo headphones.

Dolby has developed this new immersive format, Atmos, that provides the listener with a musical experience comparable to three-dimensional sound experienced in modern cinemas.

The 5.1 mix is presented in the older, five-speaker plus subwoofer surround sound format with which most home cinema and surround sound aficionados will be more familiar.

The hi-res stereo mix is an uncompressed audio format that allows listeners to enjoy the original stereo mix in a resolution that comes closest to the original stereo studio masters.

The surround mixes were created by the three-time Juno winning engineer Jeff Wolpert at his Dolby Atmos® Studio Desert Fish in Toronto, Canada. Jeff also engineered the original recording of The Visit in 1991.

PRE~ORDERED w/signed Post Card. I've always been a fan of this gorgeous album!

See the source image

FWIW ,
Loreena McKennitt does have 2 songs in 5.1 Surround , videos of "The Mummers Dance" and "The Bonny Swans" that I purchased with her album The Book Of Secrets cd/dvd .

"The Mummers Dance" was in heavy rotation as a hit song , on MuchMusic and I believe MTV .

Just thought I'd make mention of that.

Been aware of her forever, she was pretty popular up here in Canada for a while, but never got around to buying any of her music. Maybe this is the place to start.
Looking at her Wikipedia page I'm amazed she's had that many Platinum albums being she's in a bit of a niche genre

Wow, this is a surprise.
Been a big fan of her's from way back.
She has such a great voice... I have everything she's ever done.
I'm in, I just pre-ordered.
Looks like price is in US dollars ($59.31 w/shipping), thought it might be in Canadian$....🤔

Last edited:
Back