Loreena McKennitt - The Visit - 5.1 and Atmos BluRay

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No exact date, just September when you click pre-order.
Official Twitter account says September 24:
1627476762000.png

Last edited:
What a year, dear colleagues. We will get The Visit in binaural, 5.1 and Atmos.
Full info here:
https://www.loreenarevisited.com/I wasn't definitely expecting this, I'm amazed.

Wow - thank you for posting!
I worked her records at Warner Bros Records as a Promotion and Marketing Mgr. She is a fabulous musician and lovely person.
Even have a double Gold album plaque for this and “The Mask and The Mirror” - which had the surprise hit “The Mummers Dance”
I never would have expected this to be released in surround - but it should be fabulous if done right.
Can’t wait!!!

Wow, this is a surprise.
Been a big fan of her's from way back.
She has such a great voice... I have everything she's ever done.
I'm in, I just pre-ordered.
Looks like price is in US dollars ($59.31 w/shipping), thought it might be in Canadian$....🤔

the pre order price from universal music.ca is $59.98 Cdn

the pre order price from universal music.ca is $59.98 Cdn
That looks like what... $47.91 US then?

-EDIT *Looks like total to me out in CA. is USD $60.85 with shipping and taxes via PayPal.

USD $49.95
Shipping and Handling + $6.53
Taxes + $4.37

Totals $60.85

Last edited:
That looks like what... $47.91 US then?

-EDIT *Looks like total to me out in CA. is USD $60.85 with shipping and taxes via PayPal.

USD $49.95
Shipping and Handling + $6.53
Taxes + $4.37

Totals $60.85
With s/h and local sales tax, JP, my order came to $61.21 [w/5x7" signed postcard]!
I paid £35 + £2.90 P&P, so £37.90 (around US$53) in total ordering via the link on her home page to The Merch Desk in the UK, so quadruple :eek::eek::eek::eek: that is less than you guys, that must be a first!!

I paid £35 + £2.90 P&P, so £37.90 (around US$53) in total ordering via the link on her home page to The Merch Desk in the UK, so quadruple :eek::eek::eek::eek: that is less than you guys, that must be a first!!

Does that also come with a signed 5x7" postcard, Dunc, which you can frame and place among your treasured Momentos?

Last edited:
In general, this style of music is just not for me. Which....is probably why I've never heard of her. Never heard of Dead Can't Dance, either. :)

Happy for all you fans!! Seems a bit pricey though....

A few years ago, Gene, MoFi released all 9 Dead Can Dance titles as a 9 Stereo SACD boxset or individually....which I bought for about $15 each. IMO, they're all superb:

Dead Can Dance: Into the Labyrinth
Dead Can Dance: Spiritchaser
Dead Can Dance: The Serpent's Egg
Dead Can Dance: Aion
Dead Can Dance: Within the Realm of a Dying Sun
Dead Can Dance: Garden of the Arcane Delights
Dead Can Dance: Dead Can Dance
Dead Can Dance: Spleen and Ideal
Dead Can Dance: Toward the Within

A few years ago, Gene, MoFi released all 9 of Dead Can't Dance as a 9 Stereo SACD boxset or individually....which I bought for about $15 each. IMO, they're all superb:

Dead Can Dance: Into the Labyrinth
Dead Can Dance: Spiritchaser
Dead Can Dance: The Serpent's Egg's Egg
Dead Can Dance: Aion
Dead Can Dance: Within the Realm of a Dying Sun
Dead Can Dance: Garden of the Arcane Delights
Dead Can Dance: Dead Can Dance
Dead Can Dance: Spleen and Ideal
Dead Can Dance: Toward the Within
Now if only they were in surround... calling Mr Steven Wilson.... you reading?
@GOS , Loreena is like pop music compared with prog, assuming DCD are prog. DCD are not an easy listening, but very rewarding if you can get used to their very particular style. Try Serpent's Egg first or Anastasis, I would recommend

Wow - thank you for posting!
I worked her records at Warner Bros Records as a Promotion and Marketing Mgr. She is a fabulous musician and lovely person.
Even have a double Gold album plaque for this and “The Mask and The Mirror” - which had the surprise hit “The Mummers Dance”
I never would have expected this to be released in surround - but it should be fabulous if done right.
Can’t wait!!!

You may know this already but...... both "The Mummers Dance" and "The Bonny Swans" are available in a 5.1 bonus dvd .

Attachments

• 20210728_171812.jpg
    20210728_171812.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 81
  • 20210728_171819.jpg
    20210728_171819.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 78
In general, this style of music is just not for me. Which....is probably why I've never heard of her. Never heard of Dead Can't Dance, either. :)

Happy for all you fans!! Seems a bit pricey though....
Oy…this may really be over-simplifying…but…perhaps I’d put Dead Can Dance somewhere between New Age Music and Renaissance Music (not the band - the historical era.)
Others can chime in!

Reactions: GOS
Oy…this may really be over-simplifying…but…perhaps I’d put Dead Can Dance somewhere between New Age Music and Renaissance Music (not the band - the historical era.)
Others can chime in!
OK - I did over-simplify:
Australian music historian Ian McFarlane described Dead Can Dance's style as "constructed soundscapes of mesmerising grandeur and solemn beauty; Africanpolyrhythms, Gaelic folk, Gregorian chant, Middle Eastern music, mantras, and art rock."[2]

Back