Bob James - ONE 5.1 SACD [Not Surround]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It appears so even though most retail sites are not indicting a multi-channel mix. The Evosound online shop & Acoustic Sounds seem to be the few places where the multichannel is listed in the description. Evosoud Site - Last sentence on this page Acoustic Sounds - Clearly identified

I guess most of us are taking it on faith that all retailers selling the SACD are copies with the multichannel.

Last edited:
It appears so even though most retail sites are not indicting a multi-channel mix. The Evosound online shop & Acoustic Sounds seem to be the few places where the multichannel is listed in the description. Evosoud Site - Last sentence on this page Acoustic Sounds - Clearly identified

I guess most of us are taking it on faith that all retailers selling the SACD are copies with the multichannel.
Amazon UK specifically mentions that this is a 5.1 mix, while Amazon US does not. However, they both have the same ASIN #: B095K28Z51. Does that count for something?

I was going to order direct from Evo, but comments about slow/unresponsive customer service and trouble with logging into accounts were putting me off. Then I discovered that Bullmoose actually has the disc listed (I didn't expect that), so I've got a pre-order in with them. Their listing doesn't mention 5.1 either, so I'll have to see when it comes in...

Damn, I also just got a shipping notification from importCD's. ETA is this Saturday. I'll be out of town, so hopefully it will be in my mailbox, and not on my porch.

So sorry for putting this one on the list!
My guess is they probably cannibalized Mr. Big promo blurb and forgot to erase the 5.1 part.
https://www.discogs.com/Bob-James-One-/release/19515301
All sins forgiven although please make sure you add the Salsa Atmos disc Llego Vibrason, it is really a top notch recording very immersive and if you skip the first couple of songs the album gets really good with 2 sting songs and a couple of Jazz, for the price highly recommended!

All sins forgiven although please make sure you add the Salsa Atmos disc Llego Vibrason, it is really a top notch recording very immersive and if you skip the first couple of songs the album gets really good with 2 sting songs and a couple of Jazz, for the price highly recommended!
I already did, it's on the 2020 list.
I might to re-consider compiling an A - Z 2009 - 2021 list...

Back