Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1627849824559.jpeg

* I'm really liking this one, but Bob Clearmountain, please get out of this heavy Center channel rut you're in. The front sound field is just too centric focused for me, I am not using a freakin' sound bar here- yeah! Or in other words Bob... "Remember to Forget" that heavy Center!

Have you tried mixing down to 4-channel? Here's "Too Far Gone", with all channels lowered 5 dB with the center mixed into the fronts at -3dB.

Too Far Gone (Quad).jpg

Have you tried mixing down to 4-channel? Here's "Too Far Gone", with all channels lowered 5 dB with the center mixed into the fronts at -3dB.

View attachment 69631
No, wasn't thinking going that far, maybe see exactly what's in just the center and adjust dbs there a little :unsure:, but I wont futz with it too much I'm sure.

1627858646696.png

I purchased this CD/Blu-ray set a few months ago. I finally opened it and giving the BD a spin. The stereo track is way too loud. The 5.1 track sounds better. Just a few songs in. Music is not bad. Mix sounds more like an Upmix with moments of discreteness. I sure miss the Kansas of yesteryear but, regardless, I’m happy to have any new Kansas if it‘s decent enough. Question is, how much airplay will it get?

Rick, where do you find these discs? Never even knew it existed! So, how's the 5.1 surround and more importantly, THE MUSIC?

Ralph

Its got a Weezer / Green Day vibe. The music is witty and a lot of fun. I like it ! As far as surround, not a lot going on in the rears but enough to 'open up' the soundfield and make me smile and say. "gawd I love Surround"

Back