JRiver Media Center Online Resources & Guides

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I took the bait last year and went from vers. 23 to 26 upgrade I think it was. I noticed no improvement of performance and no new features (that I needed) and no sign of missing albums in library that I have been dealing with for several years. See I have albums in folders on my drives that simply do not appear in Library after an import. And the tags are all fine. It’s odd. The new version did the same thing and failed to find them.

Another thing that happens is that a six disc box set often shows the volumes out of order on pane list. I am aware that these discs were not set as 1/6, 2/6, 3/6 and so on. They are all #’d as disc one of one or 1/1. I feel that they should be in order of the album tag volume. Like Bitches Brew Session - 1, and Bitches Brew Sessions - 2, etc. if discs are not numbered then album tags with - # should be the default. But nope, I asked about it in the forums and was told that it does not always default to album title with number added. Ok. But sometimes it actually does do that. Just not a for sure thing.

So I think I’ll sit out JRiver for a good long few years before I consider an upgrade again. I think they are overdoing it a bit more than they should.
I have had your same problem/frustration in regards to multiple disc box sets. An example is a 5 disc box set 4 discs will be in order and the 5th will be 4 discs away.
Fortunately I got completely frustrated with my Intel NUC due to fan noise (they have a mini hair dryer fan in them) I switched to my new Fanless Windows 10 PC and besides there being ZERO PC noise my JRiver works at least 10 times better due to the new PC. Now when I add multiple box set discs they are in order, my tagging and artwork changes if I need to do that stays iron clad. I am even more happy with my JRiver now and has more to do with getting rid of the horrible NUC I had.

Side note: some of you know I am pulling out my cabinet based rig to a new room that will be rack based. Out of all the gear I have pulled, wiped down, hand cleaned all interconnects, and air blew the equipment, nothing had pulled in the dust and was overloaded with dust at the fan intakes then the Synology NAS I have, I was really surprised.
I found and have use a very good air blower, I was using can air blowers before and they are never that good but this one from Amazon is fantastic. AMAZON AIR BLOWER

Hopefully JRiver M27 will support MCH playback from MPEG m4a files as this allows playback of Atmos, TrueHD, DTS-HDMA etc from a tagged audio file.

I looked up on JRiver for this file you say, I did not select, would like to make sure with you first Garry.
In JRiver>Tools>Options>File Types-
under Audio there is a selection for MPEG AUDIO (mp3, mpa, mpga)
under Video there is a selection for MP4 Video (mp4)

It seems Garry this is what I would choose for digital file ATMOS playback, the audio and video or just the video selection?

I had all ISOs refuse to play. Then I think I heard you need an additional driver of something to get them to play in JRiver - right?

I had all ISOs refuse to play. Then I think I heard you need an additional driver of something to get them to play in JRiver - right?

Not that I recall. SACD from an iso is built in...

My ISO of Tubular Bells UK SACD with quad mix locked up JRiver every time. Maybe a bum ISO.

You could try extracting the dsd to a file? I did this as one long dsf file and cue sheet. jRiver plays as individual tracks.

My Windows JRiver does all my files perfectly. I have had a few ISO files that I could not get to JRiver. I ripped the ISO file to a blank DVDR and then re ripped it taking out the audio file only to FLAC and the multi channel file played fine. A hassle but I at least figured it out.
https://www.techwalla.com/articles/how-to-extract-audio-from-an-iso-file

I have had your same problem/frustration in regards to multiple disc box sets. An example is a 5 disc box set 4 discs will be in order and the 5th will be 4 discs away.
Fortunately I got completely frustrated with my Intel NUC due to fan noise (they have a mini hair dryer fan in them) I switched to my new Fanless Windows 10 PC and besides there being ZERO PC noise my JRiver works at least 10 times better due to the new PC. Now when I add multiple box set discs they are in order, my tagging and artwork changes if I need to do that stays iron clad. I am even more happy with my JRiver now and has more to do with getting rid of the horrible NUC I had.

Side note: some of you know I am pulling out my cabinet based rig to a new room that will be rack based. Out of all the gear I have pulled, wiped down, hand cleaned all interconnects, and air blew the equipment, nothing had pulled in the dust and was overloaded with dust at the fan intakes then the Synology NAS I have, I was really surprised.
I found and have use a very good air blower, I was using can air blowers before and they are never that good but this one from Amazon is fantastic. AMAZON AIR BLOWER
Mark, I'm considering that Fanless PC for my main system, can you please detail what all you've got as far as options, wireless keyboard, and usage with JRiver etc.? (I know you're busy with finishing up your new A/V room, so no rush.) I might even try attaching a powered USB Hub to run through it with all my SSDs, since I don't do NAS.

Huh - I thought the NUC you had came highly recommended? Doesn't mean you have to like it. So, your PC makes navigating your music files quicker?

Huh - I thought the NUC you had came highly recommended? Doesn't mean you have to like it. So, your PC makes navigating your music files quicker?
Gos and J-Pup, I love my fanless PC I could never go back to the NUC. When I ordered it I called the SilentPC company talked to the individual and just said this is what I want. Windows 10, no pre loaded Virus software, (Windows Defender is good enough), JRiver media software (I have), network connected with attachment to NAS, that is about it. They did all the speed stuff etc.
I think it cost about $1300.00 and took a little less than 2 weeks to arrive.
I do not use a wireless keyboard, monitor, mouse.
I use my laptop PC that I access the media only PC via a remote access program called Splashtop, $35.00 a year?
When I first got the media PC I did connect, monitor, keyboard and mouse for strictly set up, passwords and all that personal stuff.

Most fantastic news after months of planning, I brought into my new room all my Ethernet connected stuff for my music system, laptop, Media PC, and turned on and works perfectly, talking to you right now from the new room. I kept the NAS downstairs and works perfectly.

I highly recommend the SilentPC company and the media PC I purchased.

t seems Garry this is what I would choose for digital file ATMOS playback, the audio and video or just the video selection?

MPEG M4A is an audio file. MP4 is the MPEG video equivalent (like MKA and MKV for Matroska files)

Mark, I'm considering that Fanless PC for my main system

You don’t need a fanless PC. A NUC can be silent. I never hear mine. EVER.

Marky bought a very high spec NUC thinking faster must be better. But it had a noisy fan due to heat from the processor and high end graphic processor. It drove him nuts. But you don’t need to spend $1300 to get a fan less PC to solve the noise. An i3 NUC with JRiver (or Kodi etc) will perform perfectly. Playing MCH video and audio is not hard work for any processor.

Does anybody know how to install the TT DR offline meter so that I can use with my JRiver. I am sure it is a plug in, just can't figure out?

Good Day,

JRiver Media Center is a high quality software solution for organizing and playing all your digital media. It's widely recognized as a top tier product for both audio, video, TV, and photos.

Your Support
Your support for JRiver means everything to us. We couldn't do our jobs without both your financial support and your intelligent contributions. This has been a real partnership for more than 20 years. Thank you!

Happy Birthday JRiver
JRiver began in 1981, and has served hundreds of thousands of customers for 40 years! Well done, Team JRiver!

Cloudplay Lossless Streaming Makes Every Day Sunny
Just hit the play button to listen to some of the best quality music available, no matter where you are -- your own music or that of another JRiver user. Right click on any lossless playlist of 5 to 50 tracks to upload it from MC to Cloudplay.

Our online server now has 308,000 lossless files, including many High Resolution files and even some multichannel files. You can play these at home or from wherever you have an Internet connection. No hassle. It's listener supported, so donate whatever seems right.

JRVR -- Our New Video Renderer Brings You 4K Video
We've built a new video renderer that can replace both EVR and madVR on Windows. It's available now for Linux and Mac, and will be available in a week or two on Windows. Please read more here.

Performance and Power
The JRVR renderer efficiently delivers high performance with the least power consumption. It will be featured in the new JRiver IdVR hardware based on the Intel NUC 11TNHi3. This NUC uses an 11th generation i3. The Id will be capable of playing any audio, and any video up to and including 4K. Expect release before year end at a price around $700, including the JRiver Media Center license.

Audiophiles For Netflix?

Now, with MC28, you can put away the keyboard and use a Media Center Remote to control Netflix within JRiver. Use just five buttons (Up, Down, Left, Right, and OK) to navigate and play Netflix, right from JRiver's Theater View Menu.

Watch Your Blu-rays!
JRiver offers makeMKV ripping from within MC, so you can add your favorite discs to JRiver's digital library, and then play them with JRiver.

Stable
MC28 is now stable. You can read more about it on our forum. Or get it from the Download Page.

Don't Own MC Yet?
If you have never purchased MC, you can download and purchase MC28. Upgrade purchases are available if you've purchased any previous version.

Supporting Quality, Integrity, and Independence
JRiver is one of the longest lived independent digital media software developers in the world.

JRiver began working in digital media in 1998 and has always been self funded. We're not Amazon, Google, or Apple, and we don't use your information for anything other than providing you the best possible digital media experience. No advertising.

When you purchase, you're choosing an independent company with integrity. You're supporting access to cover art, metadata, connections to Wikipedia, and use of JRiver's world class forum and wiki. Your support buys a license for the software plus access to the information you need.

Thank you!

Warm regards,

JRiver

Back