George Harrison's "All Things Must Pass" (5.1 & Dolby Atmos remixes coming soon!!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I ordered via the George Harrison Website (so Townsend Music) and everybody who didn't gets theirs before release date! Me, mine will be delivered sometime tomorrow ......................... assuming one of those darn ******* gn*mes doesn't get to it first
Here today, Gnome tomorrow eh Duncan :D

Still a bummer though.

........... and its an album I absolutely love, so it would never reach the to listen to mountain!
You an me are as one there, Duncan.

I've already stated by bias towards it but it's like 1970 all over again but how it should have sounded!! George would be thrilled with the Atmos mix. And possibly is!! :love:

You an me are as one there, Duncan.

I've already stated by bias towards it but it's like 1970 all over again but how it should have sounded!! George would be thrilled with the Atmos mix. And possibly is!! :love:
When this came out I was nearly 13, it just struck a chord so to speak, I didn't buy it then, not enough pocket money!

When this came out I was nearly 13, it just struck a chord so to speak, I didn't buy it then, not enough pocket money!
Nora me , My parents bought it for me for Xmas, age 16

Trying to find out how much it cost then...I believe it was £4 and 19 shillings and 9 pence.

Here is an intersting article:
How much did things cost in 1970? (retrowow.co.uk)

Even though I had a paper round and worked on Saturdays for a Mobile shop....travelling around Ryde on the good old Isle Of Wight.

Where, incidently, my daughter is now for a weeks holiday, with her family.

Last edited:
Listening on Apple Music as it's clear my Amazon purchase will not arrive any time soon. It seems all Spanish retailers are out of stock.
Loving it so far, even if it's not the most adventurous mix. Maybe it's heresy, but every time I've listened to Wah-Wah so far, I've either lowered the volume or skipped the song, as I've always found it to be a sonical mess. But not any longer! The Atmos mix has got rid of most of the wall of sound (noise), but keeping its grandiosity.
And now time to continue focusing on the music

I was -3 years old when this came out.... lol born in 1973. For me (with a mother whose favorite Beatle was always staunchly George) I discovered this album around 14 years old when I got seriously into the Beatles' music for the first time on my own terms.

QQ is SO bad for me ;). I have bought so many multichannel media thanks to the recommendations on this group. I have bought the Lean Into It and One SACDs earlier this week. When I woke up this morning at 1:00 am wide awake and couldn't sleep, I opened to read this George Harrison thread for the first time and ordered the All Things Must Pass Blu-Ray and CD set from a 3rd party seller on Amazon. In retrospect I should have ordered it from Amazon Prime and gotten it today or tomorrow, but I just can't think that clearly at 1:30 am in the morning.

Anyway looking forward to giving the Blu Ray a spin on my Atmos 11.1 Denon AVR-X8500H/two Yamaha MX-1000Us to feed front and rear pairs of my power hungry Ohm Walsh 5 Super 5.5015s.

Thanks guys and gals...please keep your recommendations and comments coming!:SG

Kanga

Nice!! Not too big.
image.jpg

Back