Mr. Afternoon - The Golden Bonana - new 5.1 fusion jazz album [Pre-order] (24/48 MLP/DD)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got #68. Sounds great.(y)

bonana.jpg

Has anyone been able to rip this album to their hard drive? I tried with DVDAE, and it's only giving me a mono or stereo option in the second screen, even though I selected the MLP in the first screen.
The disc does not have copy protection, so that's weird. Try ripping with Foobar2000 and see if that works.

Has anyone been able to rip this album to their hard drive? I tried with DVDAE, and it's only giving me a mono or stereo option in the second screen, even though I selected the MLP in the first screen.

Interesting, I used DVDAE to rip my copy and didn't run into any issues. Do you have the latest update?

Interesting, I used DVDAE to rip my copy and didn't run into any issues. Do you have the latest update?
As far as I can tell, I have the latest version. This is what I'm getting on my first screen:
1628525639646.png

Even after I select all 42 titles in the left pane, only one chapter shows up in the right pane. Then the next screen only gives me mono or stereo.

Also, my Sony X-800 won't read the disc. My Oppo 103 does, but it's not in my workspace, so I won't be able to listen until later.

Even after I select all 42 titles in the left pane, only one chapter shows up in the right pane. Then the next screen only gives me mono or stereo.

You're only getting mono and stereo options on the next page because you selected all 42 titles. Not all of them are 5.1, some are stereo only. I went through them one-by-one and only exported the 5.1 tracks.

You're only getting mono and stereo options on the next page because you selected all 42 titles. Not all of them are 5.1, some are stereo only. I went through them one-by-one and only exported the 5.1 tracks.

This is what I did. I think it was the first 9 tracks in DVD Audio Extractor. I tried MakeMKV but AudioMuxer did not find anything in the rip.

So, I got my copy (#31) and the jewel case was broken, but that never bothers me. Those are easy to replace, and these days, once I rip a disc I rarely revisit it anyway.

As for the audio, all I can say is "WOW", it's fantastic. First off, my wife loves it and thought it was "beautiful". The soundscapes are wide and discrete, and draw you into the music. Usually repetitive music themes throughout a piece are sorta annoying to me, but the audio is so clear and precise, almost ethereal, that I like it a lot.

I need to listen more, but this is clearly a '10' for fidelity and surround, and I am VERY impressed with the mix. I don't think the mix could be any better. I wonder if 'popshop' or 'neil wilkes' will hear this and chime in. This is an incredible mix.

Ah, thanks. I should have read the cover notes more carefully. Weird story: I was waiting for the disc to arrive after I got the shipping notice. Yesterday, a neighbor rang my doorbell, handed me the package, and said that it had been sitting on top of the communal mailbox. Grateful for the nice neighbor, but what the hell?

Ah, thanks. I should have read the cover notes more carefully. Weird story: I was waiting for the disc to arrive after I got the shipping notice. Yesterday, a neighbor rang my doorbell, handed me the package, and said that it had been sitting on top of the communal mailbox. Grateful for the nice neighbor, but what the hell?
That does sound like a really weird story. Shipping companies, amirite?

So, I got my copy (#31) and the jewel case was broken, but that never bothers me. Those are easy to replace, and these days, once I rip a disc I rarely revisit it anyway.

As for the audio, all I can say is "WOW", it's fantastic. First off, my wife loves it and thought it was "beautiful". The soundscapes are wide and discrete, and draw you into the music. Usually repetitive music themes throughout a piece are sorta annoying to me, but the audio is so clear and precise, almost ethereal, that I like it a lot.

I need to listen more, but this is clearly a '10' for fidelity and surround, and I am VERY impressed with the mix. I don't think the mix could be any better. I wonder if 'popshop' or 'neil wilkes' will hear this and chime in. This is an incredible mix.
😳 Wow, thanks a lot!

Back