Beatles "Let It Be" (5.1 surround & Dolby Atmos mixes out in October!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s really easy to subscribe to a streaming service and then unsubscribe as soon as you’ve watched everything you wanted. I do this all the time! The price for a month is less than a ticket to the movies, there’s no obligation to subscribe for several month, it’s a no brainer.
A lot of programming is offered as a series and is quite good. So if you like the first episode you are hooked!

...Because I want something tangible to hold in my hard that won’t go away.
Aah, that's why you are our "Preservationist" Old Quad Guy.

A single release film has become a 6 hour, 3 part series. I was laughing to myself when I read the news (oh, boy).
Peter Jackson stretched 'The Hobbit' to a 3 part, 8 hour theatrical release. 'Lord of the Rings' was a 9 1/2 hours. This is not including the Extended Editions.
Peter 'Mr. Brevity' Jackson.

PS: I think it is good news the upcoming Beatles doc has been stretched to 6 hrs.

I doubt that I too would subscribe to Disney+ if I did not already have it. It seems quite insane that these streaming companies expect people to subscribe simply because one has content which another doesn't. Netflix, Hulu, HBO Max, Paramount+, Disney+, etc. There are simply too many of them.

You have to wonder how long it will be until the music streaming companies go the same exclusivity route. For example, "You want to hear Artist A's catalog? Well then you've got to subscribe to Apple Music." (Go ahead, tell me that they are already doing it! :rolleyes:)
Yeah, it's called TIDAL.

The SHF rumor mill is saying 5 disc box set to be released on October 15th.

🤔

My guess is 4CDs & 1 Blu-ray Disc:
-CD 1: "Let It Be" (2021 stereo remix)
-CD 2: "Get Back" (original 1969/1970 Glyn Johns mixes)
-CDs 3 & 4: Sessions

-Blu-Ray:
-2021 remix in high-res stereo, 5.1 surround, and Dolby Atmos​
-"Let It Be...Naked" in high-res stereo (hopefully in 5.1 surround & Dolby Atmos too)​
-"Let It Be" (original 1970 movie; if there's enough room on the disc for it)​
Let's see how I do when we get the details!

:)

-Blu-Ray:
-"Let It Be...Naked" in high-res stereo (hopefully in 5.1 surround & Dolby Atmos too)​

A DREAM COME TRUE!

-Blu-Ray:

This would be FANTASTIC!!

I'm in for Let It Be, must buy. I'm hopeful Revolver & Magical Mystery Tour follow! Both will be terrific in surround & Atmos. Even though SFF & PL are in the SPLHCB set, we still have Fool on the Hill, Blue Jay Way, I Am the Walrus & MMT left.

And Revolver is a pivotal album - psychelic influenced songs Tomorrow Never Knows, Love You Too, I'm Only Sleeping & She Said in Atmos & 5.1 could be amazing!

Last edited:
The FILM no longer exists. It is now a 3 part 6 hour documentary series that will debut on Disney+ at the end of November, so this will not include that. I assume that the new Get Back documentary will be released on physical media at some point in 2022 (hopefully with the original Let It Be film as an extra).

I'm in for Let It Be, must buy. I'm hopeful Revolver & Magical Mystery Tour follow! Both will be terrific in surround & Atmos. Even though SFF & PL are in the SPLHCB set, we still have Fool on the Hill, Blue Jay Way, I Am the Walrus & MMT left.

And Revolver is a pivotal album - psychelic influenced songs Tomorrow Never Knows, Love You Too, I'm Only Sleeping & She Said in Atmos & 5.1 could be amazing!

I don't think "Magical Mystery Tour" will be reissued again anytime soon. The 2012 Box Set (and Blu-Ray) is basically what we get for that release.

The FILM no longer exists. It is now a 3 part 6 hour documentary series that will debut on Disney+ at the end of November, so this will not include that. I assume that the new Get Back documentary will be released on physical media at some point in 2022 (hopefully with the original Let It Be film as an extra).
And, it’ll probably cost $30.00 to watch it.

Back