Parasound P7 Preamp

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@4-earredwonder Ralph, you asked how I liked my P-7. As I said in this other post:

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...ur-stack-what-is-it.16464/page-34#post-576156
The P7 is a very simple and elegant piece of equipment that does everything I need. I especially like the simplicity of the unit plus the versatility of having two sets of 7.1 inputs. I like the ease of accessing the balance trim control. This is very helpful when the Surround Master needs a bit of juicing of the rear channels. It's also very quick to switch from stereo to either of the 7.1 inputs...helpful when I want to compare stereo to SM quad to the Oppo doing its Neo6 thing.

I now more fully appreciate the capabilities of my Oppo 205. I'm using it for all of the digital processing such as using the optical output from the TV and the ARC HDMI to decode streamed videos. Then there is the ability to run stereo XLR cables to the P7 for the cleanest possible stereo signal path; plus using the unbalanced stereo outputs to feed the Surround Master. Also, I find that the Oppo executes Neo6 quite well.

For anyone out there still looking for an analog multichannel preamp, I noticed this on the Bay. I have no connection to it, just a public service announcement

As a reference, they are asking somewhat more for this McCormack MAP-1 than I paid for a two-year old Parasound P7...Substantially more if one considers their quoted shipping cost for buyers on the east coast. Perhaps I got a very good deal on my P7.

As a reference, they are asking somewhat more for this McCormack MAP-1 than I paid for a two-year old Parasound P7...Substantially more if one considers their quoted shipping cost for buyers on the east coast. Perhaps I got a very good deal on my P7.
I probably would have gone with the Parasound anyway. I know nothing about that McCormack. In fact its the first time I've even seen one. The one I lusted after years ago when I was still playing disks from an Oppo was the Audio Research. I'm glad I never sunk money into that.

Back