Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alan Parsons “I-Robot” don’t have the SACD but would make a trade for it…. Or is it a DVD-A

Mobile Fidelity has released I Robot on SACD. I haven't heard it.

Classic Records also issued the album as a stereo-only DVD-A. It sounds fantastic. Here's the Discogs listing.

Mobile Fidelity has released I Robot on SACD. I haven't heard it.

Classic Records also issued the album as a stereo-only DVD-A. It sounds fantastic. Here's the Discogs listing.
Thanks for the heads up….just picked up a BRAND NEW unopened copy of the Mobile Fidelity version on SACD for $35 including shipping😊

Just out of curiosity does anyone here have both? Which one sounds better?

I enjoy them both, but I would definitely give the edge to the DVD-A.

Also, the DVD-A of Turn Of A Friendly Card is my favorite pressing on a shiny silver disc. I hope I live long enough to hear ...Friendly Card in 5.1.

Sean Smith POISE [Ambient Music/DSD Remastered/Super Bit Mapping]

See the source image
Scheduled to land in my mailbox this weekend! :LB

Thanks for the heads up….just picked up a BRAND NEW unopened copy of the Mobile Fidelity version on SACD for $35 including shipping😊

Interesting question. I’ve done an Eye In The Sky comparison but not one with I Robot. I have the Reference Recordings DVD, the MoFi SACD and the Acoustic Sounds DSD download.

IMG_0037.JPG

Groovie Goolies - Groovie Goolies

Cheesy stuff for sure but this re-issue from Real Gone Music is nicely done.
Informative liner notes, great mastering by Vic Anesini.
The music is dumb but still a fun listen.

Tones On Tail – Night Music

"The band was made up of several former Bauhaus members who went on to form Love and Rockets.
Dark as Bauhaus, maybe darker. "Burning Skies," and "The Movement of Fear" are absolute classic '80s goth songs. They also get a bit experimental, even attempting a little techno"

PXL_20210814_214547584.MP.jpg
PXL_20210814_214411837.MP.jpg

Tones On Tail – Night Music

"The band was made up of several former Bauhaus members who went on to form Love and Rockets.
Dark as Bauhaus, maybe darker. "Burning Skies," and "The Movement of Fear" are absolute classic '80s goth songs. They also get a bit experimental, even attempting a little techno"

View attachment 70093View attachment 70094
That album cover kinda reminds me of Sunburst Finish

Back