The adventures of GOS

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the interim, if you have some rope lying around you can return to the olden days when clothes lines were a fixture in the backyards of many American homes:

R.ad84197f4ba20b2b28f48b5633fae7f6

"Airing" Your Dirty Laundry

R.7d60fb85764ad4a0a575acb77ac6899a

LAMAR: IT ALL COMES OUT ... IN THE WASH! Purr my contract, I'm entitled to time 'n a half!

Last edited:
We did apply a fairly large dosage of bleach on the walls and floor, so far. Yes, we do have an industrial strength fan, which is loud and annoying, but man can it blow. This morning we got water heater installed, so now we can take a warm shower. Washer/Dryers are all sold out in the immediate area. I wonder why ;) So, it's going to be a couple weeks before we can get those. And, since a good chunk of our town is in "the same boat", everyone is camping out at the laundry mat. Geez.....no clean clothes. I've worn the same shorts since last Thursday. Ughhhhhh.

Oh my !

"THE CONTINUING MISADVENTURES OF GOS"

no clothes huh ....

Time to start a nudist colony , even if it does scare away the neighbours !
Fig leaves ok , watch out for poison ivy leaves ! (wrong leaves , could mean you lose your tackle)

Last edited:
Sorry to hear, and see your flood troubles. Our closest access road down to our house on the Susquehanna River got 11+ inches in a 2 hour non moving cloud burst....3 years later they are repairing the road back to 2 lanes, one washed away, 5 mile detour in effect. Now, if the river floods......I do have to have flood insurance.

Attachments

• IMG_20210320_135526367_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210320_135526367_HDR.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 83
Gene, so sorry to hear about all this happening to your home.
It's exhausting just reading & seeing
what you are going through. I sincerely hope for things to improve soon for you all.
You will be in my prayers....

Last edited:
Progress.

Today, I picked up a new clothes dryer out of state, as locally, they are not in stock. Got it installed after several trips to Ace Hardware (I am NOT a DIY type of person, so this is all very painful)

Did our first load of laundry and dried in the dryer. Success!!! It's odd seeing our basement gutted...meaning, nothing in it now except appliances. It's our storage area, normally.

Believe it or not, today, we had a 5% chance of rain, and a single cell sat over my town and we got super heavy rain. It lasted about 15 minutes. We got another 8 tenths (nearly an inch) and it instantly ponded and flooded a few streets in town. Now the sun is shining....

The city came by an hour ago and picked up all of our trash (ruined appliances, ruined rugs, ruined clothes, furniture, etc). Nice to see our yard empty now. Whether I'm mentally ready or not, I need to go to work tomorrow. Not sure how I feel about that. Part of me is feeling sorry for myself for a ruined vacation, the other part feels like things are not back to normal yet. And, obviously, we had to unload several thousand dollars to buy stuff to replace what was ruined. Money we don't have...at the moment. That's what credit cards are for I guess. Charge it and figure out how to pay it back later.

Progress.

Today, I picked up a new clothes dryer out of state, as locally, they are not in stock. Got it installed after several trips to Ace Hardware (I am NOT a DIY type of person, so this is all very painful)

Did our first load of laundry and dried in the dryer. Success!!! It's odd seeing our basement gutted...meaning, nothing in it now except appliances. It's our storage area, normally.

Believe it or not, today, we had a 5% chance of rain, and a single cell sat over my town and we got super heavy rain. It lasted about 15 minutes. We got another 8 tenths (nearly an inch) and it instantly ponded and flooded a few streets in town. Now the sun is shining....

The city came by an hour ago and picked up all of our trash (ruined appliances, ruined rugs, ruined clothes, furniture, etc). Nice to see our yard empty now. Whether I'm mentally ready or not, I need to go to work tomorrow. Not sure how I feel about that. Part of me is feeling sorry for myself for a ruined vacation, the other part feels like things are not back to normal yet. And, obviously, we had to unload several thousand dollars to buy stuff to replace what was ruined. Money we don't have...at the moment. That's what credit cards are for I guess. Charge it and figure out how to pay it back later.

Geez, Gene ... MORE RAIN .... INSULT TO INJURY. At least you have hot water and clean clothes and no one was hurt. How are your poor neighbors who had 9 feet of water in their basement faring?

Before you know it, things will return to normal.

Geez, Gene ... MORE RAIN .... INSULT TO INJURY. At least you have hot water and clean clothes and no one was hurt. How are your poor neighbors who had 9 feet of water in their basement faring?

Before you know it, things will return to normal.
They are doing pretty good. Though, the man's wife is super depressed as she lost all of her personal belongings. He's a DIY type of guy, so he already installed washer/dryer, etc yesterday. They are older than I am.....65'ish.

Yeah, that dumb rain we got......I had 2 internal doors sitting outside and they absorbed that rain and the wood is blistered.

Back