Listening to Now (In Dolby Atmos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
NOIZU - Summer 91 (Looking Back)

This sounds good! And a little more adventurous mix:)

1629768195716.jpeg

Don't think running the Apple TV 4K thru my oppo 205 and out via 5.1 analog is going to work (didn't think it would) but will need a new AVR to get the Atmos going 🤬

*Apple TV 4K and ROKU stick into switcher via HDMI, then into oppo HDMI input.

View attachment 70427
Yes, I had to upgrade my old AVR to an Atmos capable one. I got a Denon S750 at a great price at Costco. Use my Oppo 103 and am very pleased with the results!

The Killers - Pressure Machine
View attachment 70183
Apple Music - Pressure Machine (Abridged) by The Killers
Tidal (I think) - https://tidal.com/album/194159376

Great album, loving the tunes - The Killers are really on form here. Reminds me of Springsteen.

And… the Atmos mix is brill! 😎 Fully involving the rear channels and very active and immersive. Love it!

Mix credited to Kenny Kaiser on Tidal. What a great job he did…
This might be the album of the year for me, i love it. I have the album on CD and have listened to the surround mix on Tidal. It has its moments, but it’s also 3.1 in many parts. The tracks that work well in surround are West Hills, Quiet Town, Desperate Things and Pressure Machine for me. It’s a pity the album is very compressed and has boosted treble because the music is great.

Do you have a link for this and The Grand Illusion. I can't find them in Dolby Atmos.
Now you've got me wandering if maybe I got off the Atmos path somehow, thought I was still on "Made for Spatial Audio" section though. :unsure: I'll dig into to it later today and double check.
Could be the reason they were "thin" and "disappointing" LOL

I'm going to edit my posts until then, don't want to misrepresent!

-reminded me a little of Kraak & Smaak type stuff.
just thankful it's an actual Atmos mix then Mike, I was starting to question everything but the Kraftwerk :rolleyes:
Don't worry we've all been there!!

The other problem is that not all the music is available on a universally, world wide basis....Great

But so far the majority of if is.

If you go back over the ones fellow QQ'rs have highlighted...that's a good starting point.

Really we need a spread sheet on what's out there, like our polls.

The various playlists give a good sample of what's available.

And it should give you an option to save the ones you like to your library.

As you know, I've been banging on about Dolby Atmos for a couple of years.

To me this the ultimate listening experience. :LB

GOOD THING - ZEDD & KEHLANI

*some serious bass on this one!

Don't worry we've all been there!!

The other problem is that not all the music is available on a universally, world wide basis....Great

But so far the majority of if is.

If you go back over the ones fellow QQ'rs have highlighted...that's a good starting point.

Really we need a spread sheet on what's out there, like our polls.

The various playlists give a good sample of what's available.

And it should give you an option to save the ones you like to your library.

As you know, I've been banging on about Dolby Atmos for a couple of years.

To me this the ultimate listening experience. :LB
Hey Mike, when you're on the "Made for Spatial Audio" list, is that limited to just a few hundred songs, I keep seeing the same songs coming up?

This is gonna drive me crazy not showing if a song is in Atmos while playing it -Apple WTF!
*unless I'm missing something?

And, would it have killed them to put "Info" and "Search" buttons on their tiny remote?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back