Van Der Graaf Generator - 5.1 mixes coming in 2021. It's happening!!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recommend, at least, ripping the WYWH live disc for your phone. It’s really quite interesting and rewards repeat listens. Richard Wright does a lot of heavy lifting with his mini Moog, playing many of the guitar harmonies on the pre-Animals tracks. Gilmour plays more guitar parts too.
I just pulled out the box and ripped to my hard drive so I can check it out a few times. First time I've opened the box since it came out. I forgot how much fun it is to play with the marbles.:D

My Room has been posted. Sounds lovely, with stuff I haven't heard before (new vocals at around 5:30, keyboards I have never noticed throughout and a longer ending which seems very common for these new mixes - more VDGG for us!). I hope the surround mixes will sound this good.
My Room - 2021 mix

Hey @Stephen W Tayler , this is a great-sounding remix, congratulations. I can't wait to hear the entire "Still Life" in surround.
I didn't mind the more pronounced bass and sax of the original mix, or the reverb on the vocals, but - wow - this one is my new go-to version from now on.

I think I will sell my Japanese flat transfers soon... (these, which I think are all inferior to the remixes released so far: UICY-40134, UICY-40135, UICY-40136).

Amazon pushed the release date back to 24th of September
All the main UK suppliers still have the box set release date listed as 3rd Sept. Burning Shed (where mine is coming from) have stated on their Twitter page today:

"Release date for the VdGG box is still set for this week but our delivery is not arriving until tomorrow (Wednesday). We'll get everything labelled up and shipped as fast as we can."

This might be wishful thinking, but surely they would know by now if there's a delay to the release date.

Back