Spinning on the Turntable now...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lately:

Turn, Turn, Turn - Byrds Sundazed mono LP reissue

Rise/Aranuez - Herb Alpert clear 12" single

Nice Day for Something - Lee Michaels SQ

Chicago Blues Festival V. 1 (1970) - Roosevelt Sykes/Homesick James French LP

Chase (1st LP) 2ch mix

Tuli & Friends - Tuli Kupferberg

Lumpy Gravy - Zappa UK LP

A Cut Above - Dave Brubeck 2 LP Direct to Disc

one hell of a band...from Kansas City!First American band signed to Virgin uk
Gus Dudgeon did a great job and it has many classics.

I saw them in San Juan, PR in 1981....great show, they sounded solid and very much like the LP!

a wonderfully early clean pressing from England
65E053C5-3B79-4118-97B3-AA74D01C1DA2.jpeg

DE03F51B-B511-4684-8F18-7644002A1DF8.jpeg

Have never heard the LP but I have heard it's great...
But what caught my eye was THAT SEXY LT TT!!!! What is it?

The turntable is a Phase Linear 8000 sold in the US market. Same mecanically as the satin black Pioneer PL-L1000 that was sold overseas and in military PXs, but silver instead. I have one of each. The Phase Linear I bought new in 1979 at Pacific Stereo. About 10 years ago I obtained a Pioneer locally off of Craig's List when they were plentiful and relatively cheap. They used to show up on ebay all the time but most didn't have the original box and shipping materials and got destroyed in shipping, so sadly there are a lot fewer now.

pl8000,1000.jpg

McDonald and Giles Album has been an old favorite for 50 (!) years.

Last edited:
Tonight I played an album called "Part of What You Hear" by a band called Timber. I found it at the thrift and the cover looked like it might be up my alley. I wrote a small Allmusic review since there isn't much info out there...

For people who like the early 70s wave of country-rock but have played The Eagles or Poco to death and want something else in that vein this is well worth seeking out in my opinion. I also hear some Leon Russell via Delaney and Bonnie in there. I found it to be a very solid, enjoyable album. Like Goose Creek Symphony or Greezy Wheels, it was just easy to get overlooked because there was just such an abundance of really great new music coming out at the time.

I'm playing through Kathleen Edwards catalog in celebration of the fact that they just announced a pre-order of her first album Failer. Such a great debut and the only thing I didn't have (because it was never issued on vinyl before).

Back